This Disappears When Logged In

Gollum is Now Going Green Too!

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Feb 16, 2012.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Gollum looks REALLY REALLY green UNTIL you compare him to the others:

Here is Ronon with Gollum:
    401260845.jpg

And Teyla (previously "Odo") with Gollum:
    401260847.jpg

We'll have to wait and see how much darker his green will get over the next few weeks. (He still looks so yellow compared to those two!)

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Yes, he is much more yellow compared to the others.
    Cute photo with Tayla and Gollum, Gollum is keeping a watchful eye on Tayla or he is showing off " see what I can do"

3. BlackJack

Actually he was doing another "Marie Antionette" and I had to nudge and hassle him till he brought his head back out (just barely).

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

That was really quick how he turned. Even if he'll continue to change, he's mostly there already. Looking good little guy!

5. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

I can't believe I have missed out on updated gollum pics, but YEY! he is growing up so fast! lol

6. BlackJack

Yes, missed you Katie! Where have you been? :)

7. gapeachkatie

I know, I have been nothing but a memory for a while. Life has been super busy with me looking for work, going to school, studying, volunteering, and helping get things ready for my niece to be born (which finally happened last weekend). :D

I can't believe how big Gollum and his siblings have gotten! o_O

8. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Gollum doesn't look so tiny compared to the others anymore and how much more intense the blue is! Ronon is looking BEAUTIFUL as always!

9. BlackJack

Well, Gollum is in front in the picture, so he looks a bit bigger, but he has grown A LOT. I'll post their actual body weights the next time they poop. Then we can better judge how he compares to the others.
    The blues are really amazing, though, aren't they?

10. gapeachkatie

Yes, the blues are amazing! What is even more amazing is how noticeable the color changes are from picture to picture.

11. BlackJack

Gollum shed last night and normally I would never post blurry pics, but I'm making an exception, just because I caught him in the act, but it was too dark to focus properly.
    401431123.jpg

This photo is really bad, but you can see how the shed rolled up so nicely:
    401431125.jpg

The shed came off in one PERFECT piece AND he very skillfully pooped and peed directly into his water dish from the high perch, so it was all an easy clean up! SUCH a good boy!!

And here he is today in his new look: (He's definitely all green, but it is much much lighter than all the others. Only his head is a bit darker, but it was also a darker yellow before he changed. Pretty blues, though and I like the creamy light greenish-yellow tone.

401431126.jpg

thanks for looking! :)

Attached Files:

12. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

Wow beautiful!

13. mld

Gollum is just so smart, way to go Gollum, making cleanup so easy.

Glad to hear the shed was perfect and he looks wonderful in his new skin:x

14. tzetes

tzetes New Member

hello i am new to this site if n e one could help me out i am trying to post something and i have not a clue lololol well if ya could that would be great btw wicked cool pics ;)

15. BlackJack

Hi Tzetes
    Thanks
    Here is a link to Questions and Answers about the site. Questions and Answers [Archive] - Reptile Forums | Herp Center
    Also check out the "Rules" page: It is not allowed to use text message abbreviations (n e one; etc) , since we have international members and those things do not work in translation programs.
    I hope that helps, otherwise click on the name of one of the moderators or admins and send them a pm!

16. gapeachkatie

Gollum looks great! And he is obviously has great aim too!

17. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Gollum is even more beautiful than last time I saw him! I love how he's such a lighter green and that blue! He's very talented at basket poop too!

18. BlackJack

It really was kind of amazing, because the water dish is not very big and the perch is more than a foot above, maybe 2 feet (I've converted to metric, so I'm guessing here) -- Either way, it was not a small amount of excrement either, but it was all completely inside the dish.
    I wonder if he meant to do that or if it just "came out" that way. :confused:

19. mld

I think he was thinking of you, and that was his way of saying thank you for being such a great mom! ;)

20. BlackJack

Awww, you are so sweet Michele! :)