This Disappears When Logged In

Gollum is Now Going Green Too!

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Feb 16, 2012.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Sniff Sniff! My precious little baby is growing up... I was kind of hoping he'd never go green, but I was away for 3 days and the first thing Martin said to me was "I think Gollum is starting to turn green."

He's pre shed, so at first I said no, he's just a bit pre-shed bluish, but this afternoon there was no more doubt: the green is definitely coming in:
    You can see it best along the sides of his blue/lavender stripe and a bit between his eyes and nostrils:

401066990.jpg

Close-up: (Here you see it all better and how the stripe has some green and blue and lavender)
    401066985.jpg

I'll keep you posted! :)

Attached Files:

2. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Oh yea! You can see that green coming :p they grow up so fast!

3. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Congratulations little Gollum! Most of us thought you wouldn't make it when you hatched and now look at you! Your GOING GREEN!

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Congrats :D he is beautiful, can't wait to see the finished product!

5. Rojerlockless

Rojerlockless Active Member

Love his eyes. :)

6. BlackJack

Thanks everyone! :)
    I'm going to wait till he sheds before "bothering" him again with photos. So give us a few days...

7. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Hes gonna be so awesome when he sheds, I cant wait XD

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I am so looking forward to seeing the post shed photos! I was thinking the same thing, our baby, our precious is growing up. Happy/sad all at the same time. At least Gollum will be staying with you and Martin, so we will always be one of the Herp Center family:)

9. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats!!!!! See even the little guy is growing up! Bet he'll be a stunning looking chondro! ;) Which he already is though :)

10. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

WAAAAHHHHHH, I feel as if I were losing one of my babies!!!!! It has been such a tumultuous journey for him,you AND us as well...I AM very glad to see he is becoming a big boy snake now and is finally ready for you to send him right over to MY house!! Lol, just joking...maybe! :D

11. mld

I think we all would love to have Gollum and of course Andrea would have to come as well.
    I think Gollum is a she! ;) lol

12. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Actually, I had originally said big girl- but for some odd reason I changed it at the last moment. Oh well, I guess if I have to be wrong about the sex, it is best that it was one I have not popped or probed. ;)

13. mld

I'm just hoping Gollum is a girl! lol;)
    I guess we won't know until Andrea finds out when she see sperm plugs!

14. BlackJack

Or when I DON'T see sperm plugs in Gollum's case... I'm starting to think he's a girl too. Just a feeling. In a few months the males will start fasting and their weights will start to level off for about 6 months and the females will eat and eat and get bigger and bigger and bigger.
    And the males will start shedding sperm plugs! (I'll keep a close eye on Gollum's upcoming shed, although I think he's still too young for that -- and I don't expect to find them if he's a she...) OK time for some more caffeine!!

15. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

I'm going with boy, but if I'm wrong I'm wrong. I can't wait for his post shed pics! Let me know when you are ready to send him MY way!

16. BlackJack

Sorry Caleb, Gollum stays with me! ;) Besides, I thought Ronon was your favorite!

I couldn't resist !! Gollum gave me a stinky present to clean up this morning, so I reached in with my small instant camera and snapped a few quick pics. (He's still foggy/blue pre shed) but the green is definitely coming in!

401099342.jpg

and from the side:
    401099344.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Attached Files:

17. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

Oooooo it's exciting!!! Can't wait to watch that green come in!

18. mld

Wow, they turn so fast! Looks like Gollum is saying " it wasn't me, it was the guy with the green spots on him"

19. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

He is, but I love Gollum too!

I see allot more green between his nostrels and on each side of his dorsal stripe today!

Attached Files:

20. BlackJack

Yes, that's true. That's why I HAD to take the pics before he sheds. In a couple of days he might be completely green! I love to record the "stages"! :)