This Disappears When Logged In

Gollum Ate -- Thanks Everyone!!

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Feb 22, 2011.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

He didn't even need much persuasion! :)
    Some of his siblings are proving more difficult. You have to irritate them till they strike.
    "Dukat" just tried everything to get away from the crazy lady with the pinkie. I ended up making him mad enough to bite ME in the finger (HARD!!) But I had him there. I knew he was mad and losing his patience completely! I pushed the little mouse in his face till he finally bit into it hard and didn't let go. Now he's swallowing it. :)
    I hate being such an irritating and mean snake-mommy, but so far 11 of 12 have taken their first pinkies -- some are on their third! So I am pleased all in all.
    (sore finger though!)

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Well I glad that you didn't have to pinky slap Gollum, he's just so tiny!
    hope you finger feel better, the things you have to do to get them to eat!
    Hopefully that last one will take his food soon.

3. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Sounds like they are all coming along great! Just curious, how frequent are you feeding the Ready Eaters that are on their third?

4. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

What?! No bite pictures? Andrea have you forgotten who/what we are?
    Congratulations on being the best "nurse maid" on the planet! I hope you are keeping records and recording your techniques. I think there may be a book in it for you. If not a book, certainly a stand up routine!

5. aquarles

aquarles Elite Member

So glad to hear!! I love hearing about Gollum! He's such a cutie! :x

6. BlackJack

Kelly, you crack me up!! I think more likely the stand up comedy routine is ahead:
    Madly pinkie-slapping a sleepy yellow baby shouting "Hey, hey! Bite me, c'mon, bite me! bite me!" -- Then "Oh, %&!*%!!! YOU BIT ME!" Dropped pinkie / shaking bloody finger / smiling yellow chondro!
    As far as the bite: there wasn't much to photograph: it stopped bleeding as soon as I wiped it off and there are no visible marks... but it sure hurt for a while!! I wish I could have caught it on film though: He expertly body-blocked the pinkie out of the way, arched up and dove -- mouth open/ fangs bared-- straight into the first knuckle of my index finger, shook it for a second and let go! (I deserved it, for sure.)

Randy: All the babies are on a 5-7 day feeding schedule at the moment. The ones that have already eaten 2 pinkies have to wait until they've defecated at least once. (House rule: no stinkie/no pinkie!)

For the bigger babies (those over 17grams), we'll start giving them 2 pinkies per feeding soon. (Starting with feeding nr. 4)

7. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

I can't believe I missed this threat! Anyways, I am so happy that Gollum is eating. Maybe now he will start packing on some weight to catch up with his siblings!

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I think we've just coined a new term!
    Being "Pinkie slapped"!:D

9. mld

Since Gollum is kind of like our Mascot, maybe he should move to the United States and stay with the Administrator ( Merlin )

10. BlackJack

Gollum left us his second "stinkie" last night.
    So everything is working normally in his tiny digestive system!
    I took the opportunity to weigh him: 7.7 grams! That means in the 3 weeks since he hatched, he's gained 1.7grams after 2 pinkies and 2 poops.
    I'm VERY pleased with that.
    YAY Gollum! I think he's looking better and better. He has a bit more color and some more meat on his bones:
    395460989.jpg
    Thanks for all your continued moral support!! :)

Attached Files:

11. FantasticDamage

FantasticDamage Well-Known Member

I'm a bit late to this thread but congrats with Gollum, he really is a little fighter.

12. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Aww!! He is becoming even cuter! It looks like he is going to be a lot more like mama with his marking being more constant.:x

13. Merlin

See! I told you you could do it!;)

14. BlackJack

Merlin, are you talking to ME or to Gollum? ;)
    He's doing great -- his head has grown a bit too, which makes his eyes look less bulgy. He still tends to roll that left eye to an extreme. I'm not sure if it is OK or not. Time will tell.

Going to try to feed Worf again today. He's the only one who hasn't eaten yet. Fingers crossed!

15. mld

Hopefully Gollum will grow into his eyes! It makes him look much wiser, not as wise as Merlin though!:p

16. Merlin

Both! But you are the one that actually pays attention to me! LOL!