This Disappears When Logged In

Gollum and George Washington

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Mar 7, 2011.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Gollum's 4th pinkie

Gollum ate again last night!! His fourth!! (He's turning out to be one of the easiest and best eaters!!) -- He took his pinkie immediately and with gusto:

395656981.jpg

(I swear you can see him smiling!) At this rate, he's going to outgrow that quarter in no time!!!

It took me over four hours to get 8 of the others to eat!! Dukat coiled around my whole hand before deciding to swallow his pinkie. (I didn't get a pic of that because, well, my hand was coiled and the camera was out of reach of the other. )
    No chance on Jadzia and Worf.
    Ziyal, who is normally one of the best eaters, wasn't interested and looks like she's going to shed.

Attached Files:

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

See! He was just testing you!;)

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Always good to hear good news!

If you had an extra set of hands you may have been able to get that shot on the camera, Just let us know if you need more hands, i'm sure a few members would make the trip to Switzerland just to help out!:)

Are there any that haven't eaten yet?

4. BlackJack

Worf has only eaten once about 10 days ago, and it was really a clash of the titans fight!
    He tail-lashed the pinkie out of my hand then coied the forceps so I couldn't move them and proceeded to strike at my hand!!
    Once he bit and coiled the pinkie, then let go with his mouth, but kept holding the pinkie -- He literally held it hostage so I couldn't slap him with it anymore! My efforts to get it back were fought off with aggressive strikes. I finally had to thaw another pinkie and tease him with that to get him to let go. That time he finally "let me win" and decided to swallow it, just to get rid of me.
    Last night, though he ended up biting me hard in the thumb after repeatedly striking and dropping the pinkie.
    I gave up after that... I have a cold and after 4 hours of feeding, I didn't have any more fight left in me.
    He's still got some good weight on him, and he's a fighter so I'm not worried.

I AM concerned about little Jadzia: She's only 10.9 grams and she's "a runner". Which means she does NOT strike at all: she runs away from the mouse!!! I have to literally chase her down and corner her and push it into her mouth. Then she'll take it, but play dead for 20 minutes or more. If I'm lucky she'll decide to swallow it, but last night she just kept dropping them.

Dukat is also a runner, but once I've shoved the pinkie in his mouth, he eagerly starts to swallow (coiled around my fingers).

Those 3 are the most difficult. But I've gotten them all to eat at least once (one way or another) so there is hope. I guess I should be grateful for the 9 others that don't give me so much grief!!

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Sounds like a job that would be tiring, and trying and also funny at time. Had me laughing when he held on to the pinky so you wouldn't pinky slap him!:D

6. BlackJack

It is trying AND FUNNY (when I'm not suffering from a cold).
    He's amazingly clever!! I don't care what anyone says about snakes not being intelligent, this one is different.
    I swear that Worf has actually developed strategies to fight off my pinkie attacks. (Quite successful strategies too, considering I had to clean my own blood out of his box and throw away the pinkie!!)

7. SonnysDragonS

SonnysDragonS Elite Member

what kind of snake is it? i would love to get one like this!!

8. BlackJack

It's a baby green tree python. (almost 5 weeks old)

9. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

He's an Icon in the HC world!

I just love him!

10. blueginger

blueginger Elite Member

I will continue to enjoy your beautiful babies through your posts. My one herp is enough for me. And she has no complaints about eating.