This Disappears When Logged In

Going to Miami....again....and again...

Discussion in 'Field Herping' started by WDBILL, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WDBILL

WDBILL Well-Known Member

Yes i saw them last time i went (Before this time) the croc, i was surprised,he was there. I saw alot of jesus lizards, (I must of ran into a nest because they were so tiny) but frilled? I never saw any.

2. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Frilled dragons are from dry wooded areas of Australia, I wouldn't think they'd be ble to establish a feral population in Florida. As for the jesus lizards, for anyone who was wondering, its another name for basilisks, which can run on water. Chances are the croc you're talking about is really a gator. Crocs are really endangered, and only live in the very southern part of florida. Sorry, I'm annoyingly technical sometimes, I admit it :rolleyes:

3. MiamiE

MiamiE Active Member

well crandon park is extremely southern florida. it is probably a crocodile. alligators would not be found in that brackish water. and your right the lizards that are there are basilisks, not frilled lizards as i mentioned before. i got confused with a buddy's lizard. crocodiles are more prevalent than many people seem to think.ive seen them in the crandon park gardens, and the surrounding waters. i recently saw 2 in one of fisher island's ponds when i went to play some golf. for their limited populations ive been very lucky. theyre main population lies just south of Miami around the card sound road area, and the turkey point nuclear plant is where their main breeding grounds are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.