This Disappears When Logged In

Giving oral medication

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by stephie929, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephie929

stephie929 New Member

Hello,
    i was hoping someone had a trick for giving oral medication to water dragons via syringe. The little guys just will not open their mouths, and i was hoping there was some kind of trick to getting them open. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

What do you feed them, maybe you could inject it into the feeders... just a thought.

3. Stacy

Stacy Member

Put it on their snouts

I've heard of dropping it on their snouts and then they lick it off. But I haven't tried it. Something to try I guess. Hope it helps!

4. venus

venus Founding Member

When i have to give beardies meds. I use a thin piece of card board and put it to there lips or mouth, once they feel it there, they open and I put the syringe in. Just something that works for me.

5. WDBILL

WDBILL Well-Known Member

One time i had to give Fang my youngest female, a medicine for an infection. If your dragon drinks from its water (Not poop) maybe put it in the water. There is no reall tricks, but hold it firmly and try to pry the mouth open gently. The dragon will turn and twich to try to get out of your hand, if you get the syringe into the mouth fast enough, and push it all in at once. I suggest you have someone else do it for you. Why? Because my dragon still hates my mom when ever she sees her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.