This Disappears When Logged In

Ginger under glass

Discussion in 'Pituophis (Pines, Bulls, Gophers)' started by Microscope Jockey, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

Here are some shots of The Ginginator. These are unique because I have never before gotten a full body shot of her since she is such a handful (hissing, squirming, etc.). Well right now she is in a tub under glass and is not terribly happy about it but at least now you can see how big she is.

Attached Files:

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

She looks great, and glad to hear she has been corrupted by the GFWD.

3. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

She is looking gorgeous!!! I don't believe that she's a handful, she's far too pretty :p :D

4. Microscope Jockey

Thanks but Ginger is definately a PG-13 snake and requires at least one hand at all times but 2 are ideal. She makes greased lightning look like mollasses! :p She was sold to me as a regular plain bullsnake triple het for albinism, hypomelanistic, and something else but I'm thinking now she is a hypo.

5. SKULLMAN

SKULLMAN Elite Member

very cool looking snake,frist time i seen a pine snake,now i want one lol :D

6. Microscope Jockey

Actually that's a bullsnake ;) Pinesnakes look basically the same only black or grayish. If I had room I'd have one of those and a gophersnake ;)

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Shes looking great Heather!
    Now you just need 3 or 4 more to keep her company!

8. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

She is so pretty! Sounds like she keeps life exciting too :)

Is her temperament typical of bull snakes? Do pine snakes have the same sort of dispositions? How about gophersnakes?

9. Microscope Jockey

They all bluff by hissing and drumming thier tails but Ginger is very pleasant once you get a hold of her. Kind of like a corn snake as far as activity level. I think gophers are the most colorful although I do enjoy the pines :D
    Merlin- one hisser glaring at me is enough! :p

10. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Are there captive-bred pines on the market? There are some absolutely beautiful pines at our local junior museum/natural habitat zoo. The big male put on a great hissing display one day when they took him out. Very scary! :eek: But really cool :)

11. Microscope Jockey

They are pretty readily available. I got Ginger for a whole $25 so they aren't expensive either. That's her scowling on my avatar by the way. All Pituophis have a natural "scowl". I like them because thier scales look like a mosaic to me plus the I find the hissing absolutely hilarious. Most of them are great eaters too. Ginger never refuses a meal and converted right to f/t on the first try.

12. Merlin

At the last few show I have been to there have been pines and bulls for sale including some "whitewall" pines that I found rather interesting looking. Normal pattern on the back but down both sides was just a white stripe

13. Microscope Jockey

Yeah I have seen "white sided" bulls and pines around here. They are usually more expensive. I have no idea how they got them to look that way.

14. Merlin

Just like the cornsnake morphs, careful selective breeding

15. Microscope Jockey

I meant I had no idea what sort of careful selective breeding :p

16. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I think she's gorgeous!!
    I agree with Merlin...I think you really need to get that gopher and that pine... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.