This Disappears When Logged In

Getting a Cornsnake!

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Vitina, May 29, 2011.

1. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

They are one of the more expensive corns ranging form $70-$130 but, that's still pretty cheap compared some other species of snakes. The butter would be good to breed to a snow. Butters are one of my favorites too.

2. Vitina

Vitina Elite Member

that would be awesome! If i got a butter het anery and the snow was het for caramel, that would make some pretty interesting babies!

3. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Yea, that would make so interesting babies but, the chances of the snow being het caramel are very very slim.

4. Vitina

Vitina Elite Member

that's probly very true! My friend refuses to learn anything about snake genetics right now she just goes "I want a white one!" and im like do you plan to breed it? and she's like "Yeah!" then im like there genetics aren't that hard you should probly learn some of it.. and she's like "Maybe later" -_-

5. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Yea, if she wants to breed, she is going to have learn genetics.

6. Vitina

Vitina Elite Member

exactly. She wants me to teach her when we go on a church mission trip to ashville this month though! :D

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! Genetics are going to take a bit more than a weekend to learn.

8. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Yea, I have been researching genetics for several months now and I still have alot to learn.

9. Vitina

Vitina Elite Member

Haha, ikr! I can teacher her some basics though. We learned human genetics in 5th and 6th grade so that should help if she still remembers it!

10. DimitrisDaisy

DimitrisDaisy Elite Member

I find it interesting how different the DNA is in different animals! Reptiles have completely different gender chromosomes than humans do! Would be very interesting to take a class on it :)

11. Vitina

Vitina Elite Member

It would be! But we just learned the basics like recessive genes and dominant ones and such :p that was like 4 years ago! haha