This Disappears When Logged In

Getting 1 of 2 Large Snakes Today

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by TJOHNSON722, Dec 23, 2012.

1. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Turning everything on today. It's already been tested. Were bringing home the large (11-12 foot) albino Burmese python that stole my heart. Perfect Christmas present for me. He isn't eating at the moment, but being as big as he is, I'm not all that worried. My Burmese Tiny isn't eating either. (We even tried -gasp- live to no avail. No biggie, well get it. I'll give the albino a month before trying again.

After Christmas, were bringing home the large Rock Python. Still a little nervous about him cause he's supposedly aggressive. We will see. They aggressive in nature, it may just be his temperment. Plus, being a rescue, who knows when he has eaten last. I may try to feed him in a few weeks if not sooner depends.

Pictures will be uploaded as soon as we get him in and settled.

2. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats! sounds like it'll be a merry christmas :) Look forward to pics of those two giants!

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Congratulations! Sounds like you will be busy. I say bring them both home!

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Just be very careful with that af-rock! They seem to make trying to eat your face their lifes mission!

5. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Oh I can't wait. The Rock Python will be something different. I'm excited. I might loose my no bite streak. My coworkers are taking bets with the Rock python on how long it'll take him to bite me.

Pictures are coming. Were only picking up the Burmese at 9est. As soon as we get home they will be up.

6. JoeyG

where are we placing our bets, I say within the first month and a half ;)

7. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Haha. Yeah. Not looking forward to it. Especially with the teeth these guys have. I think thier bet is verbal right now. I'll post pictures when I do get bit. Ahhh I'm excited. You don't see the different species come in the rescues all that often. I'm flattered he thinks we can care for it and handle it honestly.

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Maybe we should draw up a pool?

9. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I can't believe I haven't been bit yet. A pool would be interesting. I have even retrieved a dead rat from a feeding tank without getting bit the other day. That was cool. She had already lunged at my husband. Me? Just looked at me.

10. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Here he is. And he's got a respiratory infection. He is dripping water from his mouth and wheezing.

Attached Files:

11. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Here's a picture of his mouth you can see his mouth bubbles. His mouth is dripping water when he leans down too.

Attached Files:

12. SnakesNCakes

SnakesNCakes Established Member

Oh my gosh that is huge!!! Keep us updated on his health :/ good luck!

13. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

He's such a sweetheart. We figure he (maybe she) is between 13-14 feet. He's so trusting. We got a lot of liquid to drain out already. We have two 100 watt infrared lamps, and heat tape set at 85. The lamps will be on permanently full time until we get him healthy. I now know why he hasn't eaten in however many months.

14. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

Praying for a fast recovery! Such a big and beautiful boy!

15. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Here's a cool face shot of him/her. Tongue included.

Attached Files:

16. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

You gonna take him to the vet for antibiotics?

17. JoeyG

It's pretty big alright! Hope it gets better soon, good luck :)

18. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Yeah were going to call the vet. It probably won't be until Wednesday though because of the holidays. We increased the temps in his cage. 95 basking 80 ambient coolest in cage is 78 degrees. Anything rose I should do until Wednesday?

19. Majora

Majora Elite Member

Wow, that is an absolutely gorgeous snake. Sorry to hear about his respiratory issues. Hope he feels better soon!

20. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Update, the Rock Python will be here sometime this week after Christmas. Here's hoping nothing wrong, healthwise, with him.