This Disappears When Logged In

Getaway into Nature

Discussion in 'Field Herping' started by gapeachkatie, Jul 10, 2011.

1. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Even though life has been pulling me into a couple of different hectic directions lately, my best friend took me on a much deserved trip to a local nature reserve for a day of hiking and friendly hunting. Sadly, my camera batteries died shortly after arrival, but I plan on returning tomorrow for some fishing and more field herping to get pictures.

Yesterday, on the 1 mile trail, we came across several good looking herps. Found two king snakes basking near the creek, an alligator snapping turtle enjoying a fish for lunch, and several anoles near the creek. Closer to the pond near the parking area, there was a gorgeous water snake, multiple red ear sliders basking, and so many toadlets (literally hundreds) we were using a pine tree branch to scare them off to the side so we wouldn't step on them.

With all that said, I will share the two photos I was able to take. The nature reserve is very beautiful and I expect to find many more herps in the morning as the sun starts to warm the rocks. I promise to get pics too! (already put fresh batteries in the camera)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

What a gorgeous looking spot! I could find myself laying on that rock daydreaming, looks absolutely magical! Thanks for sharing, looking forwards to tomorrows pictures!

3. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm with you, nothing more relaxing than spending the day in an absolutely beautiful area.. Just curious, what specific area were these pictures taken in?? I travel to Georgia several times a year to visit family and I'm always on the lookout for nice nature areas..

4. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Pretty pics, I would love to wade around in that water.

5. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

It is called Line Creek Nature Conservation in Peachtree City, Georgia. It is literally 70 acres tucked into the middle of an industrial park, two shopping centers, and a fancy neighborhood. Next time you're in Georgia and want to head south of Atlanta, there are a lot of really nice parks in Coweta and Heard County.

That water may look nice and relaxing, but it is so hot that the water fells like bath water. :( I was disappointed to find that out after jumping in.

Michele: I will try to get some better photos for you to day dream about. It is really so pretty out there and the photos barely do any justice.