This Disappears When Logged In

General Update with Lots of Photos.

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by Thalatte, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Ok so it has been a while since I have posted an update on anyone so now I will do one on everyone. All reptiles and Dogs as well so be prepared for a long post and lots of Photos.

I will go in order of oldest to newest.

Dozer is my 7year old Sonoran Desert Tortoise. Honestly I havent weighed or measured her before so here is what she is at now: 1610grams and about 8..5in long. Somehow I thought she was bigger...I am unsure of sex yet but I have always called her a her.
    014.jpg 027.jpg 050.jpg

Puck 6yr old Ornate wood turtle. Again never weighed or measured before but she is full grown at 6.5in. I don't have her wieght...odd thought I had measured her. I know she is a she as she laid an egg several years ago. She has several irregular scutes. Anyone know why her shell is always flaky? I thought she had stopped growing so it should be smoothing back out...
    061.jpg 062.jpg 060.jpg

I think I got beaker next. Unknown aged male ornate box turtle. About 4in and 325 grams.
    052.jpg 056.jpg 054.jpg

Then came Tai. 2yr old male cwd. In January he was 6.5in SVL and now in February he is 7in SVL. I dont have his weight chart with me.
    082.jpg 074.jpg 077.jpg

Then Joker. He is 8in SVL. Never weighed him though. apparently he decided to brumate or something...
    090.jpg 003.jpg 008.jpg

Then Jack hatchling hybrid box turtle. In january he weighed 74grams and is now at 81grams. Don't have current measurements.
    023.jpg 035.jpg

Manny 3-toed hatchling. Weighed 71grams in january and is now at 78grams.
    026.jpg

Moe is a hatchling ornate box turtle. He hibernated while too small and now isnt doing so well. He is on critical care, vitamin A eyedrops, and hornworms and phoenis worms in the hopes he will get better. He weighed 29grams when I got him, 26grams after waking up from hibernation and now in February he is at 24grams. He is parasite free so hopefully he rebounds easily.
    030.jpg 033.jpg

Then Harlequin who I thought was a girl but turns out is a male so I should probably rename him...I dont have any weights or measurements as he is mean so I try not to handle him much...but here are pictures.
    010.jpg 013.jpg I was cleaning out his cage and since I cant hold him I just let him chase any bugs that had escaped his food bowl while i cleaned around him. Sadly he was more interested in fighting his reflection. 064.jpg Cage is cleaned and he is enjoying squishing himself into his new rock stack.

Last reptile is Bane my unknown aged Sonoran Desert Tortoise. When I got him he was severely malnourished, dehydrated, underweight (432 grams), and had what appeared to be tape worms. After his vet visit, dewormer, and 2weeks in my care he was at 536grams. Now he is up to 803grams and is 6.5-7in.
    067.jpg 068.jpg

To be continued in next post...

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

For fun I decided to get a comparison pic of my desert tortoises. I think they are around the same age but am not sure. 027.jpg They were only together long enough to take the pic and discover Bane is a butthead. This was also after he was quarantined and had 2 clean fecal tests.

Now as far as My dogs. Most of them are doing well. My fat labradoodle has been losing weight and thus her knees are no longer bothering her as much so she is off her pain pills. My terrier and boxer/pit have finally calmed down and gotten past their puppy phases. Here are their pics: 016.jpg 020.jpg 023.jpg So cute but such pains.
    Unfortunately the reason they have calmed down is that my 9year old boxer/pit ended up having multiple seizures (4-5 a day) medication didnt help at all. Turns out he had an advanced brain tumor and had to be put down 2weeks ago. poor bobo fet... 046.jpg HPIM0470.jpg IMG_0366.jpg
    His older brother Luke, 10yr old Labrador, has cut back on his eating which is very unusual as he is extremely food aggressive. And he isnt such a crotchety old man anymore so I think he is depressed. But he still wants to play every now and then so I think he will snap out of it. 041.jpg 003.jpg his favorite snack is mealworm colonies!!! mmm...

3. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

That first pic of dozer is my favorite! I love how when tortoises stop to bask or sleep they look like they just ran a marathon lol

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

5. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

An my mom and dad wonder why i keep wanting more tortoise!

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I am full on Torts and Turtles. While wonderful pets I just dont have the room to have them all in outside enclosures all the time (keep this in mind before getting more). I definitely dont know what I will do when the Sulcatas are full sized...Hopefully I will be in Great grandfathers house by then. If not he will end up with some pet tortoises to care for!
    As it is Bane will have to be inside all the time unless I take him out front for a supervised exercise time.

7. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow, Tai has grown! What a handsome boy he is!
    Also, your two baby turtles are too freaking cute. If they stayed that size, I would have a pile of them.

8. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I have 3 baby turtles. See: 048.jpg 016.jpg Turtle soup!

I know Tai is getting so big! I need to get a photo of him stretched out on his fake bonsai tree to campare it with the first photo I have of him!

9. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

Lol that turtle soup made me laugh, thank you!

10. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Anytime!