This Disappears When Logged In

Gecko Newbie !!

Discussion in 'Substrates/Bedding/Flooring' started by Brutus, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Brutus

Brutus Member

Yeah its just like i said its a rescue i didnt planned on having a gecko but i couldnt bear to see him suffer so im doung the best i can with what i have but he looks way more comfortable then he used too when i got him you can tell hes more relaxed and ice been feeding him better then what the previous owner did he is way underweight its almost scary but step by step its gonna get there cause i coat his food with calcium+D3 powder and he eats over 20 mealies sometimes and i dont want him to overdo it so i just feed him 10 of em a day to make him gain some weight

2. Brutus

Brutus Member

Hes really active and friendly too he comes up in front of the tank when we talk to him and he looks so cute when hes done eatin cause he lays down over the heatin pad with his eyes closed :D he looks satisfied

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Let me guess,...one of the dial type? The fact that the hygrometer never moves should be a red flag that its not working. The humidity level will fluctuate, and in a screen top it should fluctuate radically unless you live in a sauna.
    Get a digital hygrometer. In fact the Accurite device you got the link to will also read humidity so you only have to buy the one meter. About 15 bucks at wally world or lowes etc.

4. Brutus

Brutus Member

Yeah thats what i was thinking im going back at the pet shop tmw or in two weeks so until then ill have to wait

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I just noticed that you are in New Brunswick, I live in Moncton. I'm not sure if you will be able to find that Accurite device at Walmart! Ours in Moncton doesn't carry it, hopefully you can find it, but you can always order it online.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You don't have to get them at the pet shop. They are found in the garden section of most large hardware stores.

7. Brutus

Brutus Member

Yeah i know that but i cant order online since im only 17 i got no credit card but i can check walmart canadian tire home hardware and place like that even a flower shop maybe

8. HerpFanatic

HerpFanatic Elite Member

You can go to walmart and buy a prepaid credit card to order offline, should you not find one. ;)

9. Brutus

Brutus Member

Yeah i think i might do that im gonna look for it first then if i cant find it ill just order it online

10. mld

11. Brutus

Brutus Member

Yeah there is one close from where i live so i might just check it out tmw

12. mld

Wish you were closer, I'd help you out!

13. Brutus

Brutus Member

Yeah but you can always add me on fb to see how hes doing cause me and my bf loves takin pics of our animals and we always over spend on them sometimes i could be totally useless but we spoil them (jessica Lebreton my profile pic is my lizard)