This Disappears When Logged In

Gator Boys.

Discussion in 'Crocodilians - General' started by KrokadilyanGuy3, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrokadilyanGuy3

KrokadilyanGuy3 Elite Member

Finally, Animal Planet is playing shows that don't portray a scary bad guy situation about the animals.
    Ive actually been to this facility when I first moved to Florida some years ago. Was a decent place and the people were cool. Kinda wish I lived closer so I could volunteer. Didnt realize they were trappers.

If no one has seen this show yet, these guys are part of a 'tourist trap'. The facility does shows and offer airboat rides. the best part is these guys are a no kill facility, which is rare for trappers who usually cull the animals they catch or send them off to be culled. These guys actually care about the animals.

Thought I'd share, I'm rarely impressed by these type of shows.

2. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Thanks for the tip Zane! Nice to "see" you on the forum again!
    When I'm visiting California next time (May) I'll be sure to look for it on TV. And if I go to Floriday, I might just check it out in person!

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I wish I got Animal Planet!

4. KrokadilyanGuy3

I know, I come and go. Where you at now?

This is the first time Ive really watched AP because they usually play negative shows nowadays.

5. BlackJack

I am still in Switzerland. :) We had a 12-baby successful clutch of Green Tree Pythons last year. They just turned 1 year old at the beginning of Feb.
    When I was in L.A. at Christmas I saw some VERY questionable programs on Animal Planet! In general, I was disappointed. But when I go again in May, I'll look for your program: it's called "Gator Boys" ?

6. KrokadilyanGuy3

Nice. How is it?
    Yeah, I think you can watch some of the shows online.

7. BlackJack

Switzerland?? It's cold, snowy and grey at the moment. But it's "home" now (I've been here 23 years!)
    The baby GTPs are all doing great and most of them have found good homes.
    I'll check online to see if I can find video streams of Gator Boys and let you know what I think!! :)

8. casey15

casey15 Elite Member

It's interesting you bring this up, this summer our family went to Florida and we actually did one of their airboat rides, we also saw the show. One of the guys from Gator Boys was actually the one doing the show, it was amazing to watch. I really like their show and facility because they educate people, all of the gators they have their were problem gators who would have been killed if they hadn't taken them. Most had gotten to comfortable around people. All in all it's really amazing, the air boat ride is incredible, it's almost endless how many mangroves their are. The wildlife you get to see is amazing, HUGE Iguanas in the trees!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.