This Disappears When Logged In

Gargoyle Gecko Setup

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by Guest234, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Guest234

Guest234 Member

Here's a pic if my gargoyle setup. It's a 24x16x24 tank. I'm using a 60 w bulb fur daylight and heat. Temp during the day is about 76.
    I'm using herpkeeper to monitor temp and humidity, and Mistking to add the humidity as needed. Averaging around 60% with drops throughout day to dry things out preventing mould.
    The plants are all fake for now just for ease of maintenance.

The garg is sleeping in this photo in the leaves at the back I didn't want to disturb he/she for the photo. He's about 4 inches so still pretty young. He's a red garg, more gray with red speckles I'd say. He hadn't eaten for almost 2 weeks after arrival. I started taking him out in the evening and hand feeding the repashy crested paste. He happily sits in one hand and licks the mix off my finger. I'll keep this up until he's able to find the food dish ledge in the enclosure himself. Each time I take him out I put him back into the food/water ledge to try to teach him where it is. I'm wondering if this tank us just too big for him at this time as he's either afraid to explore too much or it's just to much area to cover.

I'll attach a pic later of him once he's up and at 'em!

Attached Files:

2. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

Don't know much about the species but wow great job on the enclosure. No doubt he/she will have a blast in there!

3. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

As long as you have plenty of foliage/cover and things to climb (as you do), and he's able to find his food, then he should be just fine. While it's generally better to have them in a smaller enclosure while they're young, it can also be difficult to transition them to a larger enclosure later on as they seem to stress easily from moves. So starting out larger is fine, providing he feels secure and you can maintain the proper temps/humidity. I find they can be pretty active, so the more space will allow him to move around quite a bit more as well.

4. Guest234

Guest234 Member

Thanks, and thanks for the info as well.

5. sharkyy

sharkyy Well-Known Member

WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! That is an awesome set up! I envy that gecko.....

6. Guest234

Guest234 Member

Awwww shucks! Thanks.

7. sharkyy

sharkyy Well-Known Member

I meant every word :) And you are more than welcome!!!