This Disappears When Logged In

Funny Escape Stories?

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by Pharoahound, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

Well I was just cleaning out everyones tanks/enclosures. And I was stupid and not thinking and forgot to put the lid on the temporary tank for one of my spiders.

So I was in the bathroom washing out an aquarium when I hear my poor aunt scream. ''Oh my GOD ITS CRAWLING UP THE WALL.''

And that's never a good thing to hear coming from anyone. So I had to take a picture it was too funny.
    IMG_1078[1].jpg

2. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

LOL that's too funny. I feel bad for your aunt, but getting screamed at couldn't have been a pleasant experience for your spider either. ;)

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And could have had the ending involve a rolled up newspaper!

4. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

My aunt likes my spiders she's just afraid of them getting out. She wouldn't kill any of them.

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

My T always comes to the door when I'm feeding and changing the water. She loves being out and about :)

6. SpidaFly

SpidaFly Elite Member

Sadly most escape stories don't end up "funny" because so few people understand or appreciate how one can care for/love arachnids.

The funniest thing I've got is when my A. versi sling decided to leap vertically out of its box, onto my arm, and started running around frantically. This wasn't bothering me any, just focusing on non-threatening fluid movements... except that it was nearly pitch dark in the room and I was wearing only my headlamp (because at the time the tarantula was kept across the room from my water dragon and I avoid waking her up). My wife walked into the room to see the spectacle of me juggling my spider and she PROPERLY freaked out. I hastily asked her to leave, and told her everything was under control. Of course juggling a super-fast panicking sling running up and down the arm is no small feat. Just kept trying to get him back into his web... Beautiful spider - I am sure I enjoy the experience more in retrospect than I did at the time. Much too afraid that it would fall.

Her arachno"phobia" is certainly coming down a bit - I've been making plans to buy 4x Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens slings for quite some time now, and the day I go to pick them up just happens to be my birthday. She just recently made me aware that she intends to purchase 2 of the 4 spiders for me :D

In-laws aren't going to be happy though. They don't get it. They barely tolerate the bearded dragon, they won't even look at my aussie water dragon. They are gonna be mad as **** when they find that I've sold the TV so I have space for a new aussie water dragon. And now I'm building a T cabinet.

Well, I gotta be my own man! At least my wife appreciates that. For that I can be grateful :D

7. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

Oh yeah slings are quite a handful! I lost a Pterinochilus murinus sling for 3 weeks and finally found it in the sink after sleepless nights of worrying. I also used to breed GBB's and ended up with so many babies and not enough people to buy them I had to just give them away lol! My aunt doesn't 'like' any of my pets besides my T's which is weird! She thinks my tiger salamanders are worse then my T's because my spiders usually don't move and my salamanders follow her.

And to cheers to the cabinet! Do you have any pictures? :D

8. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

Recently my boyfriend took out my ball Moose, and he left the top of the cage off... In less than two minutes my OTHER ball Jere had managed to get out of the cage, crawl down the stand, and make it halfway across the room without anybody noticing. When he finally noticed she was missing he went searching for her, only to find her curled up in one of our feeding tubs, right next to his computer tower under his desk. Silly snake!

9. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

All the ball pythons Ive ever had have been master escape artists. I had my first ball python years ago and somehow it opened the lid-I got up the next morning to use the bathroom and I grabbed the handle on my door-and he was wrapped around the door nob sleeping. I wasn't completely awake so it scared the heck out of me! I'm not even sure how he got all the way up there????

10. nikkistorms

nikkistorms Elite Member

I am getting either a Rose Hair or Chacho (SPL) Chocha hmmm either way tomorrow I am picking a female up one of those two. I HOPE AND PRAY mine is like that! I would love to find one with a temperment like that! Have you ever been bitten?

11. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

She has never bitten or flicked any hairs, we got her when she was just a baby!