This Disappears When Logged In

Funky Poo

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by 30mm, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 30mm

30mm Elite Member

Hmmm well I found a couple poos. They were green and a bit white with a crystalized look to them. I weighed her out and she's only lost a gram so I'm not frettin too bad. What's the deal with the poo though? I also haven't seen her roaming the tank at night for a long time.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The white is called urates and is a form of urine.
    Is that what you were asking about?

3. 30mm

30mm Elite Member

No, the whole thing is green and kind of has a crystalized look to it. Sorry the white part was a typo.

4. Merlin

Crystalized? Hmmmm that doesn't sound right. I have never seen anything like that.
    I would take a sample to a herp vet.

5. 30mm

30mm Elite Member

It's already too late. My baby has moved on to herp heaven =[ I'm pretty upset about it and I'm going to try and get the breeder to send me another one.

6. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Can you shed a little light on this ? It seems kind of strange that in such a short time it went from poo to death. Were there any other "strange" symptoms or behavior ? anything out of the ordinary ?

7. godzuki777

godzuki777 Elite Member

o sorry to hear about your loss.

8. 30mm

30mm Elite Member

Well in the three weeks that I had her she didn't eat at all. She seemed like should could have been skinny but I was told by the breeder there other babies were the same but they had no problems. They said she had one shed and 4 fuzzies before I bought her. Her hatch day was 5/13. The first couple of nights she was pretty active, checking out her new home and all then she stopped roaming around unless to move to the cool end or warm end. Other then that I can't really think of anything out of the ordinary. She was a slow mover but I don't know if that's just the species.

I E-mailed them and they agreed to give me 375$ store credit so I'm pretty Impressed about they're service to me and doing that. Just so you know I bough her from Ron's Reptiles. Most stores(usualy the big ones) well pretty much just say "Oh well, sucks for you because we didn't lose anything".

I have some pictures of her and the poo. I found a black spot on her that you can see in the picture. She was popped to find out what sex she was. Do you think this could be a reason of death?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Merlin

That poo is definatly NOT normal!
    I am not sure what it is but I would definitely send a sample in to the vet or even to the breeder!
    The dark areas are the result of blood pooling to the lowest area after the death and is quite common in snakes that die.

10. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

It could be that the popping, if not done right, could have ruptured something and caused some internal bleeding, infection and the death. Sexing snakes is really unnecessary unless you plan to breed, and even then one should wait till the snake is older and have it probed by someone with experience.
    Sorry for your loss. It's very good of the shop to give you a credit.

11. 30mm

30mm Elite Member

Thanks for the quick replies. I'm going to get it to the vet and see what he has to say about it. I'll get back to you guys when I find out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.