This Disappears When Logged In

Full Grown Red Earred Need Advice Or Adoption

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by Gog, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gog

Gog New Member

I have a female ( i presume) red earred slider.. i have had her for two years and i got her from a friend .. at that time she was in a 15 gallon tank and has naturally continuously outgrew every tank i have gotten. She is now in a 65 gallon tank. She seems happy but she looks almost to be out growing this tank as well. And for me she ahs gotten past the point of being able to handle her sadly enough.. i love her as a turtle. She has loads of personality and is very efficient at catching her feeder fish i get for her.. I believe it is time for her to be in an outdoor pond.. However living in Canada i wonder if she would survive the harsh winter outdoors after living her life constantly in an aquarium. I have friends who have an outdoor pond and she can live there for the summer.. But i need to know if she will survive the winter.. The pond will freeze over.. And i dont want to put her out if she will die.. However i cna't keep her.. I live in an apartment and dont' hvae ability to make outdoor pond for her.. If an yone can help me with this please feel free to respond. Adoptions too a good home at my expense are also acceptable. Remember i live in canada and if any responses out of country please say so if wanting to adopt. I will need to contact customs to see how to do this. THank you..

2. samantha

samantha Elite Member

if you would like iy is not legal for me to keep them in missourri, but they are native and thrive veryt well if you woiuld , get her to me and i can rehabilitate her into the wild where she can live, we have a lartge creek and lake a 5 minuta walk from my house where they thrive very well, i see them poking their heads out whild we are swimming all the time. i also do not know, if she is native iun canada she would survive if nto she probably wouldnt. if you would let me know through pm would be appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.