This Disappears When Logged In

frustrated...

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by lola, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lola

lola Elite Member

...about this mercury vapor bulb i bought in the spring. i spent like 50 bucks, and it was guaranteed for at least a year, and now it is gone.

for the past couple of weeks, it has been flicking off and on on it's own, so i thought it was the lamp. two days ago it went out for good, so i finally had enough time to try to change the lamp. so, i did, and guess what? IT'S THE BULB!!!

the worst part is, i have no idea where the receipt might be, or if i kept it, i don't even remember from where i ordered it. so there is nothing i can do about losing it. a year my butt! now i'll have to buy another somewhere for the dragons.

sorry for the rant...

lola

2. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

that stinks, maybe u should try to find a cheaper alternative?

3. lola

lola Elite Member

yeah it does. but what is a cheaper alternative? i figured that 50 bucks for at least a year for my full spectrum uv needs + heat all in one was a way better and cheaper alternative than buying a 35 dollar fluorescent full spectrum uv tube every 6 months not to mention the amount of times my individual heat light bulb burns out...

not to mention that my tank is HUGE--like a homemade equivalent to a 180 gallon aquarium--and it is hard for me to ensure they are getting the proper amount of uvb--but the distance the mercury vapor bulb's uvb goes is much farther...

oh well...next time i will save my receipt!

lola

4. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

I guess your right. yeah i save all my reciepts in a lil box that is on the shelvling unit that my tanks are on. Good Luck

5. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

The cheaper bulbs aren't worth it in the long run, you may want to give the mega ray a try, it's a HC favorite.
    http://www.reptileuv.com/

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

That is why I got my first CHE. They are a bit pricey up front but they last for years!
    And if you choose to continue with the flourescents you can find them a lot cheaper online!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.