This Disappears When Logged In

Frogs

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by dannigd, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannigd

dannigd Elite Member

Anyone know where I can get frogs or tadpoles for a pond? My mother-in-law has a pond in the backyard with some fish and wants a couple of frogs. Suggestion?

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Is this a new addition? Usually the frogs will find you!

3. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

The wandering turtle will probably find the pond also. Then the fish will disappear!

4. dannigd

dannigd Elite Member

The fish are a little to big for the wandering turtle. LOL She has two frogs. The warm weather brought them out and then we had another cold front. Not sure if they are hibernating again or they took off. It's just a man made pond sits about 2 foot off ground about 6ft by 6ft round. Measurements might be slightly off but you guys get the idea.:)

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

It's a bit early for bull frog tadpoles, but many garden centers that carry koi fish, also carry tads.

6. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Ack - don't buy tadpoles!!! Wait for the silly ones around here to start laying eggs in my dogs 'kiddie pools'. I'll bring you all the tads you want!!!!!:eek:

Of course, they will mostly be tree frogs, but there will be lots! And I'm NOT taking in ANY MORE!! Nope, not gonna do it!!

No WAY!

Anyone else want tadpoles??

7. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Sure, once we get our pond up and running... ;)

8. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Unless they turn finicky -- I should have lots all summer. I'll post when the first batches come in, and I'll just take them to a neighboring pond if no one is ready. Last year it was almost like they waited until I retrieved the tads, waited two weeks and laid more!!!! (they know a sucker when they see one!);)

I still have my 10 gal empty, so I can always hold them for a bit if anyone needs me to - and we can travel too!:)

9. willk

willk Active Member

usualy the presence of fish is a bad sign for frogs...you should get rid of the fish, then the frogs will come by hundreds!

10. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Never heard of that. My friend has a pond with about a dozen Koi and she also has tons of bullfrogs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.