This Disappears When Logged In

Fractured Leg? *pics*

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by NowAndNever91, May 20, 2010.

1. NowAndNever91

NowAndNever91 Elite Member

Since Iv'e started turning the humidity up in franklins cage I noticed that his tail was shedding, so I ran him a warm bath.
    When I got Franklin out of the bath tub I noticed this...

You can see the knot on his leg at the right.
    [​IMG]

I researched some possible answers to what this could be:Gout (although he has a good diet, proper heat/humidity, proper UVA/UVB and vitamin/Calcium supplement)? Swollen joints from MBD? Or a Fracture maybe?

I don't know what it could be, but I've already applied for CareCredit to help me with a payment plan and to doc off some of the expenses.
    I found a good vet today that treats reptiles and talked to them about CareCredit, expenses, procedures and all that.

I've run him two warm baths today thinking maybe the swelling will go down and it will ease him of any pain he may feel. Is that the right thing to do for now until I get an appointment made?

2. Medium

Medium Elite Member

Your doing the right thing by seeking a vet! Way to go, it is a bit hard to see the injury from here, I hope he will be just fine. Let us know how the vet turns out when you get him there.

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Are you talking about his knee, it`s a little hard to tell, but it looks pretty normal to me, or has he had an accident you know of? Can you put a pic of the other leg up for a comparison? Thanks.

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I not sure, but is it at the hip just above the pores on our right? It does look bigger there!!!

5. NowAndNever91

Sorry if it took me a while to answer back, Iv'e been having computer issues.
    Yeah, it's the leg on the right side above his pores, it's kinda at his hip, but his hip isn't swollen just his thigh.

Here is another pic it's kinda blurry, but hopfully you can tell in this one.
    [​IMG]
    You can kinda see the knot at the top of his thigh.

Should I keep running warm baths for the swelling? Or does that really have no effect?

6. NowAndNever91

He climbs at the top of his log and jumps off of it on to his water dish a lot and his water dish is an old flower pot that's made out of really tough glass. I'm thinking he might have hurt his leg by doing that, I moved his water dish to the other side of his tank hoping that he wont jump into it anymore.

7. NowAndNever91

Good news!
    I was approved for CareCredit and I already have five-hundred dollars available for vet care and the payment is only sixteen dollars a month! It's gonna take me forever to pay off a bill paying at that rate, but I'm not complaining lol
    I'm taking Franklin to the vet Monday, better late than never I guess. :)

8. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Good luck! You can pay more than what they suggest, which will lower the amount of time it takes to pay it off as well as how much interest you pay.

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Good for you, that must be a BIG worry from your mind! Is he still using the leg normally, does the lump feel soft, and can you feel it moving slightly (from side to side etc)?

10. NowAndNever91

Thanks for the advise, I'm new to credit cards,monthly payments, and such lol.
    I thought you could, but I thought that some places would just give you the payment plan and that's what you got.

11. NowAndNever91

He can still run, walk, and jump around (although he doesn't run or jump around as much now), but he has trouble getting a grip on stuff and climbing. The lump on his leg his hard, but kinda soft. It doesn't move and I'm kinda scared that I might hurt him putting pressure on it lol and that he might bite me in defense or something!

12. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

The best thing is to take him to the vet just as you are planning to do, no point in making guesses, it could be anything from an abcess to a dislocation, good luck!