This Disappears When Logged In

Fostering a nelson's milksnake

Discussion in 'Milksnakes' started by Manhirwen, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I figured I might as well say that I have been fostering a Nelson's milksnake lately. It's still not decided whether or not he's going to become a permanent member of the family but for now he's going to stay.

He's had a lot of stress lately so his first meal here ended up regurged but I'm happy to announce that it has eaten since then and had no problems. Though I did have to cut the pinky in half since this snake is so tiny. I still haven't been musked but I haven't been holding this snake a whole lot due to the fact that it regurged it's first meal here and it was stressed out for a little while.

Well this is my first milksnake and I've read up on them, still not sure if we're going to keep him or not, trying to find a good home for him right now, we'll see.

Anyways, here's a pic.

Attached Files:

2. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

Hello,

Good for you! He looks great, if you decide not to keep him let me know. ;)

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

hes very pretty!

4. chris7033

chris7033 Elite Member

hes a nice snake me thinks you should keep him :) :p.... he should manage a whole pinky just select smaller ones when buying if you are able cutting the rodent in half hes not gona get every thing he needs from it but its better than nothing off course...unless you made sure that all the pinkys organs where inside the half you fed :p goodluck :)

5. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

The reason I fed it only a half is because it regurged the smallest pinky I had two weeks ago and I didn't want it to do it again so this is just to get him to eat without over stressing him. I don't want it to keep doing it whether or not it's because it's so small or it was just over stressed that week I don't know but I don't want that to happen again.

6. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Nice little Nelson's though

7. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I found a home for the little guy. He won't get him till next week but I'm happy that I found a good home. He has a bunch of herps already and is happy to have another one so that's good, and he knows what he's doing so all is well.

8. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Ok you know your getting old when....you thought the post said frosted milkshake. I was wondering what flavor and why you would feed a reptile a milkshake. lol

9. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

Hello,

Glad you found a place for him to live, good job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.