This Disappears When Logged In

Flukers Sunspot "professional Class" for Ig

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by LittleTootie, Aug 9, 2011.

1. LittleTootie

LittleTootie Member

I was in dire need of a new basking light for my Ig, so I bought this "Fluker's Sun Spot Professional Class 160W Self-Ballasted Mercury Vapor Flood Lamp" for $53.00

I'm wondering if I've made the wrong choice here since I've been reading some bad things about Fluker's.
    Problem is that I can't return it because a little bit of plastic melted onto the bulb.

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

MVB bulbs are good bulbs and provide more UVB than a regular tub bulb. It was a good choice.

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I'm not familiar with any issues of those bulbs. Of course Fluker would be renaming it under their own name and of the original supplier.
    Not wanting to tarnish their reputation (anyway further anyway) they likely have tested it meet up with safe standards.
    There are bulbs appearing from China under different names that have dangerous levels of UV in one bulb and barely none in the next. Hopefully this isn't one of those.

4. LittleTootie

LittleTootie Member

He seems to be enjoying it, and he's looking a lot better since I switched from the little coil bulb I'd been using. :D