This Disappears When Logged In

Fluffy.

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Merlin, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Longest snake living in captivity dies in Ohio zoo | accessAtlanta

Fluffy the reticulated python has died.

A peice of Herp History is gone.

What is arguably the most famous snake in the world has died at a Zoo in Ohio. Originally belonging to Oklahoma python breeder, Bob Clark, the reticulated python was sent to live at the Ohio zoo.
    I was fortunate enough to have met her and, for a retic, she is incredibly calm and tractable.
    She was a beautiful, amazing animal.

fluffy.jpg

Attached Files:

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Looks a lot like the one at the Buffalo Zoo. She's been laying eggs for years.

At least she had a good life.

3. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

FLUFFY NOOO! :( I am saddened. She has had a great life

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow, Fluffy was a big girl, I hope that her last months weren't too painful for her. Sounds like she was an awesome snake! I'm sure she will be misses greatly, nice that you were able to have met her.
    Is that A picture of you with her?

5. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

Awee it is unfortunate she had to die, however I bet she lived a good life.

But only 18? I was surprised, I thought snakes had lived longer than that in captivity before. :/

6. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

I think it meant longest snake as in length of the animal, not time kept in captivity, but that confused me at first too, I saw this news on facebook a few days ago! Very sad..She was the first retic I saw pictures of!

7. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

Oh silly me, I need to sleep more, I thought it said "Longest living snake in captivity".

8. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Such a shame she had to die. Considering they thought it was a tumor that killed her, I'm sure she had access to the best possible medical care.

While this might be off-topic, considering it is not regarding Fluffy, but I also wanted to comment on the photo that you posted.....I think that the other snake in your photo (that you are holding) is absolutely gorgeous.