This Disappears When Logged In

Floral Moss?

Discussion in 'Substrates/Bedding/Flooring' started by categoryfour, Feb 1, 2013.

1. categoryfour

categoryfour Well-Known Member

I was looking at Walmart and in the fake flower section there was these real moss sheets. They were by proflora I think. The package said not for animal consumption but a snake wouldn't be eating it.. There was regular moss and Spanish moss too. Would this stuff be okay to use as a substrate?

2. lexiilish

lexiilish Elite Member

i dont see why not. ive never used it tho. i always got mine from the pet store so i knew it was safe for animals. but i think one of the admis or others who have used moss for snakes would be of better help. i used moss for my leopard geckos moist hide

3. categoryfour

Thats what i was thinking. Its real moss and only about 3 dollars for a square foot. Hopefully someone else will chime in too.

4. lexiilish

lexiilish Elite Member

sorry i couldnt be of further help lol maybe merlin will catch this

5. DragonsKeepers

DragonsKeepers Subscribed User Premium Member

I wouldn't use it with a warning like that.

6. NancyA

NancyA Elite Member

Most of the floral moss is treated with preservatives to last. I would be afraid of what chemicals they use to treat it.

7. categoryfour

Good points. I'll just have to look around at home depot then. I don't want to have a 4x2x2 filled with coco fiber..

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Also a lot of floral moss is dyed. I would not recommend it.