This Disappears When Logged In

Flickas first bunny (GRAPHIC)

Discussion in 'Hog Island Boas' started by goldrockin_froggie, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldrockin_froggie

goldrockin_froggie Well Established Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good to the last drop even!
    [​IMG]

2. KTsCresties

KTsCresties Elite Member

Cool pics. How big is she? I love her name! Means "Beautiful Girl" doesn't it?

3. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

that wasn't as bad as i expected when i saw the graphic warning on there. is she going to outgrow rabbits too or is this it?

4. goldrockin_froggie

she is 73" 19lbs and flicka was named after the well know horse so i don't know what it means, and she will get a rabbitt every few months, but rats inbetween. Her boyfriend also arrived last night, was fed, and will introduce here in a few days. She's never had anyone in her cage before so i have to watch them. Hopefully she is in the mood.

5. KTsCresties

KTsCresties Elite Member

If named after that horse, then yes...it means "Beautiful Girl".

She's a big girl! I hope all goes well with her boyfriend!!

6. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

I'm still amazed at how wide they can open their mouths.

You'll need a little candlelight and mood music before the big introduction. LOL

7. kelly

kelly hi!

Wow. Where do you get the bunnies and are they alive???? I have a pet bunny so this kind of creeps me out, lol!!!

8. goldrockin_froggie

i got the bunnies at rodent pro, first bunny order for me and any order for feeders in general. they were frozen, didn't know she would take it as i tried on the front lawn and she finally took it yesterday, Her BF ate for me as well and now they are together and nothing yet, i think he is scared. they just both ate, so i will give it a bit and he will be with me for a few months, here is a pic of them together, and they are brother and sister, i can't understand why the size difference, but i feed good too. lol
    [​IMG]

9. venus

venus Founding Member

The they both just ate, I doubt you will get any action yet. Is the pic of the two brother and siter or BF and GF? I'm confused. They dont stay in there together all the time do they?

10. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Ok, Im going to say..unless he is breeding age, which he dont look it. I say seperate them. that size diffrence will be a bad thing..

11. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

You mentioned that the BF just arrived...like in your household??? I would have quarantined for at least a month or 2 before introducing them.....and he is way too small to be in with her for any amount of time....too young I believe...dont expect anything to happen......

12. goldrockin_froggie

HE is 3 yrs old the sister to both of them is the same size, i got him from the breeder of her, she breeds lots of boas, she is advising of what to do. there are alot of size differentails in female.males. this is her call should something go wrong they would still be together in a different place, weird how the males are MUCH smaller and if you go to other forums you will see. so far so good.

13. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Diggy,,,there is a big age difference in those 2 hoggs. You have a sub-adult and a juvenile. I would highly recommend seperating them as soon as you can. And I too agree, the new addition should have been quarentined,

14. KTsCresties

KTsCresties Elite Member

Why are you inbreeding? I would have gotten a male that was unrelated, or at least very little related.

And he looks scared, because he IS. She could crush him and not even mean to.

15. MoogleBass

Looks like shes already on him. Yes i know there is a size diffrence, but that much over, no. sorry. I know there are small males. but that mean you shouldnt take into consideration the fact of the size diffrence. I mean think about it. You may wake up with one snake in the morning. That size diffrence is to great. not to mention inbreeding.

16. JMM

JMM Elite Member

Flicka is gorgeous, congratulations!

I would say that the picture of the two of them together looks more like mother and son than a happy couple. But I´m only a newbie.

17. goldrockin_froggie

the owner of the male got to meet her and knows the risks, everything is all good so far. Experience counts.

18. MoogleBass

So what your telling me, even tho in the pic the male is getting squished. It dont matter cause Im not a breeder. Oh well. hope you dont have to buy that guys snake.

19. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I can only see the last picture :(

20. goldrockin_froggie

we all talked including the owner, they know when things are too tight of a fit. I wish i could stop ppl from feeding on substrate... experience counts meaning the breeder of the female i have and has many more, advised it's fine, if they are willing to risk the situation it's between those two not me, i just have the female.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.