This Disappears When Logged In

Flex Watt Vs Heat Mats

Discussion in 'Heating' started by EriksExotics, Mar 5, 2014.

1. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

Hey, Everyone. A friend of mine gave me about 30 ft of 3' Flex Watt and about the equivalent in heat mats. Which would be better in a rack for baby Boa Constrictors? I have never used Flex Watt before so I don't know much about how it performs or anything like that. I have all the cords with copper clips, plastic insulators, and about 400 ft of aluminum tape.

I ordered the tape online and it was labeled 2" aluminum tape which apparently meant 2" wide **FACEPALM** lol....

I want to finish this bebeh rack since my girl is due on April 5th. Thanks in advance.

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

What size tubs are you using? The 3" heat tape should work fine unless your going to be using larger tubs.

3. EriksExotics

For the first month or so I will be keeping the babies in 6 QT tubs - 13 5/8" L x 8 1/4" W x 4 7/8" H

4. EriksExotics

Is it safe to cut the Flex Watt into different sized pieces and could I do so with just a regular ol' pair of scissors?

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Yes, just be sure to cut between the black bars, and regular scissors are fine. And the 3" shoud be fine up to 15q, I personally prefer to go up to 6"on 28+qt tubs, but thats just me.

6. EriksExotics

Thanks, Darkbird!