This Disappears When Logged In

First Day Out in the Sun

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by Josh, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh

Josh Elite Member

Trina had her first trip outside today and she seemed to love the chameleon tree so now on nice days she will be coming outside with me here are some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She is pushing 7.5 feet now she is growing thanks to mooglebass's suggestion on feeding

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Beautiful! Make sure she doesn't get stuck in that tree!

3. angrykitten

angrykitten Elite Member

She is gorgeous!

4. KKHerps

KKHerps Elite Member

Beautiful snake! Can't wait till my snakes get bigger!

5. Josh

Josh Elite Member

I had her out side with me and she went from me to tree and she stayed there for about 2 hours. She won't get stuck, this tree is very open not many areas she can get stuck and it is pretty short so even if she decided to go up I could still get her.

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

She pretty laid back? She certainly looks it.

7. Josh

Josh Elite Member

she is very laid back. she has never struck at me and even my 4 year old nephew can walk right up to her and pick her up and she don't even care at all

8. savannahmon181

savannahmon181 Elite Member

That's good just keep a good eye cause any little thing could happen. But beautiful snake! I can't wait tell my burm is that big she is just a baby though. Won't get as big as your retic though.

9. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

I doubt she'd "get stuck" in the tree, but if she decided she didn't want to come off of it, you might need a few people to persuade her.
    I had a large rainbow boa that loved to climb the staircase railings; even 2 adults couldn't make her let go if she didn't want to. Here are some pics of mine, to give you an idea -- she wasn't nearly as big as Trina, but strong, stubborn and determined not to let go till she was good and ready.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Whatshername

Whatshername Elite Member

That is the most beautiful snake I have ever seen:eek:

11. Josh

Josh Elite Member

I have to agree black jack she is a beautiful snake and I mean beautiful

12. kcftlaud08

kcftlaud08 Elite Member

Very cool. I wish I had a tree like that. I take my boa out almost every week, depending on the weather, and let her run about in the yard. She loves it. I stink at adding pictures or I would add some so you can see her in the yard. I am in Florida so all I have is flat land and palm trees. Not much for climbing. Anything I have added for her entertainment has ended up in her getting stuck and I have to wait until she works herself out. Good for both of you!

13. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

how long IS your BRB?

14. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

Josh=nice snake, bet she's/he's very happy in the sun.big 2

BlackJack=beautiful snake how long is she

15. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Thanks everyone. Josh, I didn't mean to hijack your thread with my pics -sorry! I was making a point that my (relatively) small snake was impossible to move when she got wrapped around something. I'd hate to have to fight a retic out of a tree!
    Folks, I'm very sad to say that the snake pictured above: "Talyn" died a in Nov 06-- she was 2.10m long (6.8 ft) and weighed over 6lbs. I miss her.

16. Josh

Josh Elite Member

BlackJack I am very sorry for the loss. and kcftlaud08 she has one of the best attitudes of any snake I have ever owned and she was relatively easy to remove from the tree lol when she is ready to go back in

17. Maya

Maya Elite Member

Beautiful pictures both of them. Josh, what do the neighbors think?Thanks for sharing. That must be hard to lose a loved one. With big snakes I guess you don't lose them very easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.