This Disappears When Logged In

First BRB Coming to Me Next Week - Humidity/temp Questions

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by kelliq, May 4, 2012.

1. kelliq

kelliq New Member

Hey all,

My 7 month old Brazilian Rainbow Boa will be arriving on Tuesday, barring any strange weather delaying shipment (oh I hope not). We have been adjusting his cage to get everything perfect. It seems like the enclosure is just about right. We had the humidity up to 99% but that seemed to high. I adjusted a few things and now it's averaging 80%. The temp gradient is 73 cool to 84 hot spot. Does that sound about right?

Super excited to meet Lucius and I'll try and post some pictures once he arrives and is settled!

Thanks in advance.

2. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

That sounds about right just make sure it stays that. They are very picky about their humidity requirements. Those you have are good for ambient but I would also suggest a damp hide box too. (Easiest way is tupperware bowl with a hole cut at bottom and moss or wet papertowels inside).

Pictures are always a requirement. :)

3. kelliq

kelliq New Member

We've got a nice thick layer of cypress mulch mixed with sphagnum mulch substrate, a water/soaking dish, some climbing branches, and a hide box just like you mentioned with wet shop towels and a bit of substrate. I think it's prime, and the temp/humidity have been steady at the current settings for a couple of days. It sounds like we are good to go! Thanks... I am stoked :)

4. gnuisance

gnuisance Member

Looking forward to pics of this guy. This is a species I am very interested in. Would you also be willing to post a pic of his habitat? Thx