This Disappears When Logged In

Fire Skink And Bearded Dragon Bites

Discussion in 'Skinks' started by Hawkshadow, Jan 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawkshadow

Hawkshadow New Member

I currently have two bearded dragons that I've been feeding the Nature Zone Bearded Dragon Bites to (they love it and I give them crickets and other insects too every few days, but that's their main food) and I'm about to adopt a Fire Skink. I was wondering if that would be something that could be fed to him as well? I'm really looking for something aside from crickets and live insects to give him on a daily basis, while the live insects would be given every other day or so. Another one I was considering was the Nature Zone Meat Lovers Bites, which is a bit different. Some people have also said they were feeding their Blue Tongues dog food, but I haven't had much luck finding info like that about Fire Skinks. Any suggestions?

Here's the ingredients for the Beardie Bites:
    Ingredients: Water, Whey Protein, Soy Protein, Spray Dried Egg Product, Maltodextrin, Sucrose, Fructose, Carrageenan, Locust Bean Gum, Lecithin, Calcium Carbonate, Wheat Germ Oil, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Calcium Lactate, Potassium Sorbate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Methylparaben, Beta-Carotene, Lycopene, Beet Powder, Propylparaben, Ogliofructose, Yucca schidigera Extract, Choline Chloride, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, FD&C Red 40, FD&C Blue 1, Sodium Selenite, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin B12, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3, Calcium Iodate, and Biotin.

Guaranteed Analysis
    Crude Protein

3.0% (Min)
    Crude Fat
    1.0% (Min)
    Crude Fiber
    3.5% (Max)
    Moisture
    92.5% (Max)

2. Skink lover04

Skink lover04 Member

At first I thought you said you wanted to feed your fire skink to the bearded dragon lol. But my vet said that feeding dog/cat food was fine and that he had a friend who feeds cat food to his skinks for a staple diet and he had a skink who was 30 and still breeding

3. Skink lover04

Skink lover04 Member

And you shouldn't feed dog/cat food with artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives and no byproducts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.