This Disappears When Logged In

Fine!!!! I Will Get One...

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by Thalatte, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

ok I will look for a whiteout then...You want to breed one for me? and then find some sap going to AZ to deliver it for me?

2. MicahC

MicahC Elite Member

Another good starter snake (although they get very large) in my opinion would be a Columbian Red-Tailed Boa. I got mine for about $75 at a reptile expo. They are very docile and grow very large too (6-10 ft). They also grow pretty slow I have had mine for a year and she has only grown about 6-8 in and about doubled in the stomach. They are pretty snakes and love being handled!

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I am unable to have another enclosure that large. I already have a 500gal, a 250gal, 6 tanks of smaller size, and my humongous cwd enclosure. Plus I dont have alot of room in the freezer, nor can I add another freezer somewhere.

I live in a 950sq ft condo so with the animals I have plus my mother and stepdad having moved in space is very tight.

4. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Hmmm I could in a few years!
    I do have a pair or normals who are het amel(or ultra), charcoal and diffused. So I could produce one if they are both het amel in 2-3 years when the girl is big enough :)
    I'm going to test the male to see if he is het amel or ultra next year. Just have to decide what amel girl to test him with and hope he's mature enough lol!

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Men are rarely mature enough! :-"

6. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

^^ Smart woman :)

Raz is my largest 2012 corn so he should be good to go next year :)

7. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

hmm...did a quick search for whiteouts for sale and found two sites reptmart.com and generalexotics.com anyone know if either of these sites is worth buying from? they are selling for $100 USD is that a fair price?

Reptmart says they breed theirs in house.

8. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

They are a 3 gene trait, so $100 does sound fair. Alwasy check the BOI before ordering in animals (Board of Inquiry® - FaunaClassifieds) search for the breeder and/or their name. Just to be safe :)

9. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

ok I will look on their tomorrow.

10. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I looked up Reptmart, sounds like a wonderful place to order from :) I get so addicted to reading the BOI, it's my reptile soap opera!! Some posts people make when they are mad are very funny!

11. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Ok when I am ready for the snake I will order from reptmart then. I found local breeders but they dont breed the white snakes just the orange and yellows.

12. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Breeding season is right now, so in 3-4 months there should be a bunch of babies too choose from :)

13. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

oh perfect timing then!!!

14. Renouji

Renouji Elite Member

The BOI?

As in that covers more than plants? What do they do?

15. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

BOI board of inquries, it's a place to post bad and good things about sellers and buyers. It's a good idea to check out people before you send them money. If they have a lot of negitive posts you can be the judge if you want to send them your money or go else where ;)

16. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Board of inquiry on fauna classifieds which is a site for advertising reptiles and such that are for sale. It's a good site you should check it out.

17. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Just be aware that from time to time the "reviews" are more of a popularity contest/witch hunt.
    Anybody can say anything about anybody.

18. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Yep always read through and judge for yourself.

19. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

Thala you freak...I leave for, what, 2 weeks, come back, and you're already on the prowl for more herps? I'm jealous! ;)

I think you'll be happy with a corn. Although I met a very hostile corn just this past weekend, and knowing how well your other herps like you... :-"

Just give it a unisex name. That way you won't insult it by calling it the wrong gender, which may make him/her appreciate you much more so. ;)

And yes, we expect tons of pics. So we can live vicariously through you, of course.

20. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I have gone through quite a few herps since I last talked to you but I was only the middle man finding them homes. The last herp I actually kept is Bane the tortoise.

In my defense I got tai thinking he was a he so he had a male name from the get go. Tai-Shan-Wang which is the Chinese god of the 7th court of H***: the realm of torture by mincing machine.
    Much like Nemisis it has become a very appropriate name.