This Disappears When Logged In

Finding Homes for Reptiles

Discussion in 'Herp Awareness' started by Todd, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Elite Member

2. dcboas

dcboas Elite Member

zoos ,education or euthenasia! send them home for lot of love, education and zoos here for the benifit of the people here.ITS NOT THERE FAULT. :(

3. Todd

Todd Elite Member

Im with ya on that one.

4. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Not good

It sounds to me like the reptile although illegal are alot happier and healther in the enviroment that they are liveing in so why take them away for horrible reasons? :mad:

5. Hebidoshi

Hebidoshi Elite Member

I was talking to someone the other day and they said something to the affect of "Yeah...my roomate and I had a boa...we just figured when it got too big we'd just give it to a zoo. But it died in time so we didn't have to..."

I screamed...I had a hissy fit. I nearly threw myself off the dock I was sitting on and into the lake. People are disgustingly stupid...

6. redgirl77

redgirl77 Elite Member

OH that's just plain sick! I don't blame you Hannah!

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Unfortunately thats a very common attitude. They think that I'll get this burm, retic iguana, etc. and when it gets too big I'll sell it and make a bunch of money or give it to the zoo!

WRONG!

These owners quickly find that there really isn't much of a market for their large reptile and the zoo's don't want them. There was a time when zoos would take animals like that in. Then they found themselves being inundated with them. These days zoos aren't interested in "Pet" animals. Their resources are going toward maintaining and breeding species that are endangered.

Quote:People are disgustingly stupid...

And yes Hannah on that we most definately agree!

8. Todd

Todd Elite Member

It's crazy. Hopefully, we can provide some insight to folks interested in getting these large snakes before they buy them.

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Unfortunately some of these people are so busy being Mr Macho that they won't listen to anyone! A guy at a show was buying a hatchling Rock Python. I got to talking to him about it and asked him if he knew anything about it. Of course he was clueless but thought it was "cool" that the snake would get huge and have an attitude! I was informing him that there was going to come a time that he would have to have help handling the snake. His response was that "He was more than a match for ANY snake no matter how big! And if he got in trouble he ALWAYS had his buck knife handy!"

Moron! :(

10. Madlibs

Madlibs Member

That's sick, if there were any sort of licensing laws to own those types of snakes he would have been weeded out then and there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.