This Disappears When Logged In

Finally!

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by giveuptheghost, Jan 31, 2012.

1. giveuptheghost

giveuptheghost Well-Known Member

Picked up my Brazilian Rainbow Boa today! He's beautiful! (As if there's such a thing as an ugly BRB). He's about 15 months old and I've named him Mercutio. :D

Pics will be posted in a few days, when he's settled and ready to come out and handle a photoshoot.

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Congratulations on your new pickup!
    True, what BRB isn't beautiful, looking forward to photo when he's settled in!

3. bigboas

bigboas Elite Member

Congrats I think they look better as the bigger they get! But regardless very beautful snake from day one! Hope you have fun with him/her!

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats! Looking forward to the pics!!

5. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

I love BRBs!! Congratulations :) I'm looking forward to pics!

6. giveuptheghost

Attached Files:

7. Jessica90

Jessica90 Elite Member

oh man so gorgeous ! Congratulations !

8. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

He's beautiful! :)
    And he looks pretty comfortable with handling. (Or is there a separate thread with bite photos coming?) ;)

9. Kalira

Kalira Elite Member

Gorgeous! Lovely color!

10. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

How beautiful, love the iridescent colors :x

11. giveuptheghost

LOL. So far so good with handling. I haven't taken him out too much though, since he's still settling in a bit. He hissed a bit when I first took him out of the box he was shipped in (understandable), but didn't strike. There was one other instance of him hissing a little when I went to pick him up, but I picked him up anyway and he didn't strike. Either way, I'm sure there will be a bite at some point in the future, as that seems to just be the way of it with snakes, and a picture will come for sure.

12. giveuptheghost

Quick question: I have a piece of grape vine that I wanted to put on for him to climb on at night, should he feel so inclined, but it seems to mold pretty quick.

Is there a sealant or varnish or something that would be safe for me to put on it to try and resist the molding? Obviously it would need to air out for awhile before I put it back in the cage no matter what, but I don't want anything that might hurt him.

Also, I've been told cypress bedding resists mold better than a lot of others. My guy's on paper towels right now, but I was thinking about giving the cypress a go.