This Disappears When Logged In

Finally Finished !

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by deltro_star, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deltro_star

deltro_star Elite Member

Hello All! Im a new member :D and just wanted to show you guys my newest Terrarium just finished last week sorry if pic quality is bad but yep thats a waterfall on the back wall. It houses 2 Red Eye Tree Frogs please let me know what you guys think!

Attached Files:

2. Herpmom

Herpmom Elite Member

WOW !! I absolutely love it

3. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Very nice :D I must get into custom cage designing some day.

4. mookins

mookins Elite Member

absoultely gorgeous! i agree with furryscaly that i must get into customs myself one day... your setup looks to be something to aspire to! *jealous of those lucky treefrogs* :grin:

5. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Yeah I agree, it's absolutely fantastic! Great job! If we had more time and space we would love some enclosures like that, I've invited chronicfatigue over many times to do me some custom designs, do you want to come too?? :D

Bet your frogs are having a ball in there, looks wonderful, and welcome to the forum! :)

6. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,
    Welcome to HC. You did a great job with the enclosure.

7. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

deltro_star how big is the enclosure. Yup looks pretty dang sweet i personally would put more foliage for the frogs to hide in. Im going to be building a custom tank very soon myself :)

8. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Awesome!! :)

9. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Looks great! What is the ground cover you have on the land portion? Looks like riccia. Also what did you use to build up your land portion? heck you just want to tell me everything you did :) .

10. venus

venus Founding Member

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

11. deltro_star

deltro_star Elite Member

Thanks for all the feedback guys well to answer all your questions.

-Toadie78: Well I didnt use too much foilage since whats in there are some pretty hearty and fast growing plants Ill send you a pic in a few months and you guys will be able to see how the plants just take over. I used two common phililodendrons on each side which are very fast growing vine like plants also i used a 35 gallon glass aquarium for this project.
    -chronicfatigue: actually the ground cover is a personal mixture of coco bedding, potting soil, dried green moss and irish moss seed. I soaked it overnight then laid it out I didnt think i would get such great results though! It has a great natural smell and keep my enclosures humidity high.

Im going to be posting an article on how I built this one for you guys to look through. Building Custom Terrariums is really my passion Im a spounge of knowledge when it comes to tropical plants and the interaction they have with our herps so please if you ever need any tips or want to ask a question thats why im here! Thanks to all for the great welcome! :D

12. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

We need to talk! :) Im a vivatic. I only have two at the moment but am in the works for a a 20 vert and possibly a 100 gallon *fingers crossed* . I have some pics floating around in the PDF forum and the crested gecko forum.

Where'd you get the Irish moss seed?

13. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Cool....looks great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.