This Disappears When Logged In

Finally Done!! (kinda.. Lol)

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by Flint, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Flint

Flint Elite Member

Hey all!!

Well, I got the cages done and everyone is moved over and I think much happier!! All I need is a replacement panel for Betty's cage (I ordered the wrong size >.<), the heat panel for Roxie's cage (ordering it tomorrow), and the glass for Roxie's cage (ordering that as soon as I can afford it lol). Anywho, a few pics? A few pics :)

img2011061900196.jpg
    By nocold at 2011-06-20

The full set-up!! Roxie's cage (the big one on bottom) is heavily reinforced and is a walking surface so I can reach Jacket's cage (way up top) since this whole set up is over 7' high lol. Right now Betty and Snakey are in the 30 gal tanks on the bottom. I know that is WAY too small for Snakey, but of all my snakes he was the only one that could feasibly be comfortable in the spare tank until I finish Roxie's cage. Roxie is in Snakey's cage right now.

img2011061900197.jpg
    By nocold at 2011-06-20

Betty's tank. Under her cork bark as usual. OH Betty shed btw :D All one piece, I think she is going to be just fine <3

img2011061900198.jpg
    By nocold at 2011-06-20

Poor Snakey.. lol. He just barely fits under those rock hides now, but he loves em because he can wedge in there. I think he will be ok for a few weeks till Roxie's equipment comes in.

img2011061900199.jpg
    By nocold at 2011-06-20

Roxie, chillaxin in Snakey's crib lol. Can I just say, she is probably the most amazing snake I've ever encountered. So very sweet and calm, stronger than I can believe, and when I'm walkin around the cages she actually moves her head towards the glass watching me :) So curious, and sometimes when I'm close she will gently nose the glass wanting to come out. Who can resist? hehe :x

img2011061900201.jpg
    By nocold at 2011-06-20

Fluffy finally venturing out from under her water pan. Past few weeks she has been hiding under her water pan, no doubt to get away from that STUPID bright basking bulb in her old cage >.< idk how she put up with it for 15 years. But in this cage I actualy saw her all stretched out on the basking shelf, lazily takin a drink or snoozing :) I think she will be much happier, and maybe she will eat for me for the first time next week!! lol

img2011061900202.jpg
    By nocold at 2011-06-20

And finally Jacket. I think he is happier up on top, he was keeping an eye on me most of the day by just poking his head over the edge of the basking shelf lol. I'm hoping he will feel more secure being a partially arboreal snake now that he is looking down on everything. I will be adding more hides and stuff as I acquire it. I did add the "best of" my rock collection lol. Now they all have something pretty to rub their shed off on.

Well, it took several hours late saturday night, and ALL day sunday to get everything set up and running. But I am happy :) And Later this week I will be donating the old black cages to my aunt's work (local animal shelter) as a thank you for Fluffy and Betty :)

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Nice job, I'm sure that they will all be so happy in their new cribs!
    The shelter is going to be so happy to get your old enclosures!

3. aquarles

aquarles Elite Member

That looks great! Love the mini fridge on the side by the way ;) I'm sure with having more than one reptile to feed, it comes in handy to have one just for them!

4. Flint

Flint Elite Member

OH yes the mini freezer was one of the best purchases i made towards owning snakes lol. Rodentpro is SO much better than buying live!

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Most snakes actually prefer their hides on the small side so that they can wedge themselves in.
    Good job!

6. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Looks very nice...you can tell you put a lot of time and thought into it....and the idea of building the bottom enclosure as a "stepping" area is great...(as for me, I have to keep my son's step stool next to my tall enclosure for those times when I have to reach WAY back into the back to clean it out.....and of course the FAR back corner is where my roo always decides to use the restroom.)

Again, nice job, and thanks for posting the pictures.

7. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Awesome job!!!
    Sooooooo, when can I pick it up? lol