This Disappears When Logged In

Filtering Land/Water Vivarium

Discussion in 'Vivariums' started by TeoSnow, Feb 2, 2010.

1. TeoSnow

TeoSnow Active Member

I have two fire-bellied toads and I am currently working on upgrading their housing. I want to do 60%water and 40% land. I've seen set ups where the land portion is sectioned off with plexiglass. I've also seen it where the land is created by using rocks raised up or a log seperating the two. In this set up water covers the entire bottom of the tank. If I opt to do this style, though, how does the water filter that is caught under the "land" portion? :confused:

Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I plan I having live moss on the land portion on top of larger rocks. Of course I will be giving the final set up a few days to cycle before moving the frogs.

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

They make filters that set right into the tank. It will pull the water out of the rocks, however not get most of it as you noticed. I think the plexi divider is the cleanest way to go.

3. TeoSnow

TeoSnow Active Member

Thanks! I ended up putting a plexi divider in today. Now just letting it dry, then I can start getting it set up so everything can cycle. The lil critters should have a new home early next week :D

4. avoidtheboyd

avoidtheboyd Elite Member

Im trying to get my mom to let me get some FBTs but idk.... i tihnk she has somthing against toads..... Gl with your new setup!

5. dxreptile

dxreptile Member

Same here, my mom is terrified of slimy things like frogs and toads, I personally don't think they're that slimy though.