This Disappears When Logged In

filter

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by kenman1963, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Well I finally added an in-tank filter for my 2 baby spotted turtles. The setup came out awesome and the little guys seem to really like it. I had to put a rock-barrier in front of the intake cuz 1 of em got near enough that it just spun him around like a top. I also added small pond rocks and created a pool to put the blackworms in for them to feed. So far the worms stay in it and none have been ****ed into the filter and the turtles already figured out where they are,,,,they feed like sharks !!! I'll post pics soon

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Great Ken, which type of filter did you use a submersible or upright. I use both depending on situation, but prefer the upright for the ease of cleaning and waterfall effect.

3. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

it's the whisper power 10i which is the upright,,,and I too like the waterfall effect. It's rite next to my bed and quite soothing ****sleepy time****

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You mean you didn't hear him going: WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

LOL...actually Merlin,,,I was at work and my wife called in a panic,,,,,her first reptile rescue I guess !!!

6. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

What size tank are they in and how much was the filter? I just use a fluval 4 plus submergable right now. I have an RES and a yellow belly slider, they are both in a 50 Breeder right now. :D

7. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

The whisper 10 does 10 gallons per hour, I like to use double the filtration capacity (20 gph for 10 gallons of water) in a turtle tank, since you never fill a turtle tank up to the top you have to estimate.

8. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

Yeah, I usually try to do the same since turtles are very messy animals. lol. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.