This Disappears When Logged In

FH'n My Front Drive :p

Discussion in 'Field Herping' started by DwarvenChef, Aug 23, 2013.

1. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

08232013S-occ2_zps2fd2c9a1.jpg

08232013S-occ5_zpsf21fb9dc.jpg

08232013S-occJumping1_zps47e37db4.jpg
    08232013S-occJumping2_zps824c149d.jpg

08232013S-occ9_zps3cc2ee02.jpg

Here are my resident female Sceloporus occedentalus working the front drive of my house. I was working in the front yard and got distracted and had to get my kid out here with her camera :) Was a lot of fun just watching them chase a fly :)

Attached Files:

2. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

I've never seen those before. Cool! Thanks for the pictures :)

3. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

In your area they hang out around the trees, Sceloporus undulates sp, Eastern Fence swifts. These guys are very common in Santa Barbara and they are causing me problems when I ride my bike around town LOL I seem to get distracted when they run by :p

4. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

They aren't in Ohio that I'm aware of :)

5. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Looks like the range stops in the middle of OH so you may not see as many in the northern range. I have only herped in OH in the spring, Oh the peepers... (and electric fences... but that's another evil story)...

6. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

I'm in Central Ohio. Maybe I need to go further south and look for some;)

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Pretty cool! The only thing I see in my drive is stray cats.

8. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Me and fur don't mix, I'm always being told I cannot shoot the kitties... Even though today yet another one of my tanks (un occupied) has had it's screen shredded and punched in by a cat... Now why can't I shoot the furry little bastiges???

9. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Outside watering my front plants again today and I had an audience :p As I misted the plants the water ran down the trunks and my two front yard lizards (pictured above) where drinking the run off. Wish I had a camera set up for that LOL