This Disappears When Logged In

Few More Shots of Gnome!

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by Brent Strande, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brent Strande

Brent Strande Elite Member

Well, I had the camera out again the other night, so took even more shots of Gnome! Enjoy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Man, chondros are alot of fun to photograph!

2. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

He is just a breath-taking boy!!! WOW!
    I just looked again at your other photos of Gnome and read the part about his NOT being and ETB (!) :eek: oops!!!
    :D UH OH!!!! Now THAT IS ON MY WISH LIST.

I need more info please. So they're not vicious with huge fangs, huh? How much do they cost (generally) how about humidity and temps?

Thanks... I want, I want I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

3. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

He is a spectacular specimen! And great photos! They seem to be very photogenic snakes,. keep 'em coming, I could admire him all day long! :)

4. BlackJack

Help

I've just spent the last hour or more researching these beauties. My husband found a link that said they have 2cm long fangs and are very aggressive. I'm guessing that this info was making the same mix up I did with an ETB. ???

Do you take Gnome out and hold him? Or is he a "just for looks" kind of snake? There seems to be a lot of controversy about whether or not they make good pets. I understand that they need high temps and humidity, but my BRB needs that too.
    I'm confused... too confused to go out and get one: although I found a beauty for $1500.00. (large subadult male deep green.) Tempted for sure: Martin's birthday is coming up at the end of the month. :p

5. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Great colors!!!! I love those guys, guess I'll have to start working on Santa for next year.

6. Brent Strande

Brent Strande Elite Member

They aren't as much of a handling snake, like in your avatar... but some are manageable. Not sure on the length, but their teeth are fairly uniform in size, but ARE sharp!

Once established they seem to be not too hard to care for, but I don't think that you could really consider one a pet...

7. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Stunning snake.....and the wish list grows and grows grows

8. BlackJack

Thanks Brent; that helps me A LOT!
    I was hoping to keep some self control in my herp-addiction this year... need to save some $$$
    I don't want a snake that I can't (physically) handle. I love holding my two snakes and letting them cruise around me.
    BUT I'll DEFINITELY enjoy this species through your photos!!!!!!!!!

Martin will be relieved! :eek:

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I'm not sure I understand? What does THAT mean? LOL! :D

10. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Thats an absolutely gorgeous snake! they are all so beautiful... MORE PICTURES!! lol

11. blizzeon

blizzeon Member

Wow! :D He's a beautiful snake! I especially like his green and blue scales, they're so pretty!

12. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Awww

I just love pics of etb's I wish that I could have one, my mom is not one for snakes lol!Also I like to be able to handle my animals... :D

13. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

WOW what a stunner, great pictres too, :)

14. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Brent- The only thing I would worry about is moving the snake in order to clean the cage. I can handle the fact that it's not a "hands on" type of snake but I don't wanna be lunchmeat when I try to move him around! :eek: lol
    Will the snake strike at you while they are on their perch, to warn you, if you go in just to spot clean if they poop?
    I just love the looks of these guys:)
    More pics plz... LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.