This Disappears When Logged In

Female to male pics

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by waterouge, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waterouge

waterouge Member

I am going to get a CWD and want a female but not sure what the difference is between male and female. If you can show pictures that would be GREAT!:)

2. venus

venus Founding Member

3. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

Ok first I'll start with the male pics

In this one you can see how his spikes are very pronounced and his crest is large (by the way this is a juvanile male).
    [​IMG]
    This one shows his colors, under his chin is blue and behind his arms are yellow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    An adult or juvanile male should have darkened and larger pores than a female.
    [​IMG]

Alright, now for the girl pics.
    Females will have more of an orange or reddish color under their chin and will have a lot less yellow or orange behind their arms. Their spikes are a lot smaller and more evenly proportioned.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Neither of these are adults but I hope it helps.

4. waterouge

waterouge Member

thank you

5. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Hi, try to remember that this works on older animals. Little babies are impossible to sex. But good luck anyways.

6. Redsrevenge

Redsrevenge Elite Member

Manhirwen, I know this is looong after the fact, but about how long were your dragons when you took those pictures?

7. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

She said they are juveniles, so they would be between 12 and 20 inches STL prolly.

8. Redsrevenge

Redsrevenge Elite Member

Mmhm. My Heebee's about 14 inches STL (It's hard to tell because I don't like disturbing him/her too much when I mesaure :p ) It's getting a lot of yellow behind the arms, and its mouth/throat area is more turqoise..this might be because of a recent shed, though. It has rather nice spikes, a pretty big crest, but its pores so far look like the female's -I don't look at them much because, as I said, I don't like disturbing him/her. I've been calling it a she just because I didn't want to call the poor thing "it" for a year, and figured I had a 50/50 chance of being right ;p But it seems like I may not be... I'm glad I picked a non-gender-specific name ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.