This Disappears When Logged In

Female Fence Lizard Doing Push-ups?

Discussion in 'Lizards - General' started by Gunzgopewpew, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Gunzgopewpew

Gunzgopewpew Member

Are there any circumstances that a female fence lizard would do push ups? I have 2 WC fence lizards, both about a month in age. We checked their post anal scales with a macro lens and one had large scales and the other didn't, so we assumed they were a boy and a girl. They seem comfortable with each other. They often lick one another, like to be close to one another, and haven’t had any conflicts whatsoever. After a few weeks of obtaining my female, she started doing push-ups every now any then, including in front of my male, and directly on him. He didn't seem to mind, but she’s getting more comfortable doing them as the days pass, and he’s been doing them since we got him, but again, there has been zero conflicts so far. Even last night they were crawling on each other and she was doing push-ups on him, and licked him. So it’s just weird and I’m not sure. The male did them even before we put the female in. He’s done push ups literally everywhere in the terrarium, so I would be surprised if she wanted some territory or something. I’m keeping a close watch, but even when I thought they might fight or something, then end up licking each other and just being close to each other: Month old fence lizards - Album on Imgur

2. dp428

dp428 Established Member

I don't know much about fence lizards specifically but that sounds to me like something that would have to do with mating or territory.

3. Gunzgopewpew

Gunzgopewpew Member

Im thinking it's something territorial, since they are still pretty young. Thanks for your input :)