This Disappears When Logged In

Feeding

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by SomeLizardsInABucket, Dec 26, 2016.

1. SomeLizardsInABucket

SomeLizardsInABucket Well-Known Member

I have an Arizona Glossy Snake, who we think was born May of 2016 (Approx). She was given CH, and less than a foot long when i received her from a friend in the first week of June. She's about 3.5 feet, and today is feeding day from my rat breeding colony. She's working on swallowing her second fuzzie (which she took happily,) and I was wondering if she would refuse food from me when she was full, or if she would keep eating.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Many snakes are opportunists and, given the opportunity, will gorge themselves. This works in nature where there is no telling how long it will be until the next meal. Allowing them to do this on a regular schedule will result in an obese snake. I would limit feeding to 1 or 2 appropriately sized feeders.

3. SomeLizardsInABucket

SomeLizardsInABucket Well-Known Member

I do thank you. I do that already, and was simply curious what other people thought. I did offer her a third, which she refused after some investigation. I thought maybe she didn't see it, but even after a little "annoying" she still refused to take it. She gets 2 fuzzies every to every other Monday, depending on what she'll take.