This Disappears When Logged In

Feeding

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by kenman1963, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Well after 4 weeks of inconsistent feeding,,,,,,we decided to switch Iggy to rat pups as opposed to small mice. He ate it with vigour and no regurgitation like we had 3 days ago with a mouse. Seemed like he enjoyed zoning in on the movement of the pup,,,though it was rather heartbreaking to hear the little squeels.

2. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

At least he ate something! :)

3. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Good news, but once again I must say that I can only feed f/t everything live that came home as food is now a pet. lol

4. Todd

Todd Elite Member

Yeah, it takes some getting used to when we have to kill things. That was probably the hardest thing for me to get used to while having herps, hands down. I just can't kill things, but I have to. Good stuff though! Rats are much healthier for the snake. :)

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Ken its usually a good idea to wait at least a week after a regurge before feeding again. When they regurge they lose part of the digestive ability and it takes a while to build back up. If you feed again too soon you run the risk of another regurge due to the inability of the snake to digest.

At least hes eating. Gotta get ready for that winter fast!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.