This Disappears When Logged In

Feeding Question....

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Amandadc, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Amandadc

Amandadc Member

Hey guys, its been awhile since I posted anything. I have a question. I have two balls. Today I got them both out and measured them out of curiousity. We bought Annabella Fed 20th of last year and she had been at the pet store for ten days. They said they did not know how old she was when she came in. She is about 26 inches long (she was hard to keep still) and exactly 4 3/4 inches thick on her belly. We feed her a medium size f/t mouse every saturday. We bought Issabella on Dec. 4th and she had been there for two days. Again, they did not know how old she was when she arrived. (Both were babies though) She is exactly 22 inches long and about 3 1/4 inches thick. We feed her a small mouse every saturday. My question is this.....Am I feeding them enough and large enough prey?

2. Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo Elite Member

I believe the general rule of thumb for ball pythons is to feed them prey the size of the thickest part of their body (or ever slightly larger). I am no expert on snakes however.

3. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I feed slightly larger than the thichest part of their bodies. If you think one isn't enough you could always feed 2 or see if they'll take 2 mice. We do that with ours that aren't big enough for small rats yet.