This Disappears When Logged In

Feeding pics

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Bitis Gabonica, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Here's Acacia (1st pic) and Honesty (2nd pic), our two newest additions - 04 Females.

We fed them their first meal with us on Sunday and they ate! What a relief when a new snake feeds for the first time! :) We got a shot of Acacia, who struck at the rat pup as soon as we dangled it infront of her :D Honesty was a little more subdued and ate it in peace when we left it in her tank for her. Now Acacia is sitting with her head poking out of her hide waiting for another prey item to wander past her :p I think two food items will be on the plate next time :p

Attached Files:

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Cool Rachel,,,,,and I'm glad to see your'e back in action !!!

3. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Coolies Rachel, Great pics, :D you got some lovely babies :p

4. cornlover

cornlover Active Member

nice photos ;)

5. Joe

Joe Elite Member

Hi guys, just to let you all know, one of the new royals died today, she regurged her meal and then sadly passed away. The one that passed over is not the one in the feeding photo, she is still doing well.

Just thought I would bring you all up to date.

She will be dearly missed by us but she will be in a better place now xx

6. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

So sorry to hear that. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you.

7. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

OH NO!!! I'm so sorry your baby passed to the bridge! :(
    I have no idea about snakes regurging but why do suppose she died?
    This is so sad *tears*.........

8. Todd

Todd Elite Member

Nice pics Rachel. Boy she's a little thing! :)

9. Bitis Gabonica

Thanks for your posts.

We are guessing a few reasons as to why she may have died.. she was captive farmed., though we do not agree with WC and CF in general we were after some female royals and they were so sweet we had to give them good homes..
    She may just have been too stressed. Some reptiles are more affected by stress than others, so this could have been a factor, esp towards the regurg. There are also other possibilities - parasites, salmonella, other illnesses,. she may just have been the "runt" and may never have been destined to live :(

She will be sorely missed, and we will be keeping a close eye on Acacia. I hope Honesty is over the rainbow, with a peace in death that she could not have in life. :(

10. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I'm so sorry for your loss Rachel and Joe

11. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Rachel and Joe thats terrible! Was there any sign that there was a problem prior to the regurg?
    I would definately get the other one to the vet to rule out parasites.

13. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

SO SO SO Sorry

So sorry Rachel and Joe, thinking of you both, :(

14. Bitis Gabonica

Thank you, your comments mean a lot :)

Merlin - we only had her since Tuesday 7th Sept, we fed them sunday, and she regurged Wed, which was worrying, but sometimes easily explained. She died this morning. Yesterday, the day after the regurg, she was active, and investigating her tank, as is Acacia! I guess we'll never know for definate, we will get Acacia checked out . :) Thanks again you guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.