This Disappears When Logged In

Feeding Pics of Trina

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by Josh, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh

Josh Elite Member

Trina gets fed on the floor of my room because I dont have a tote yet. She was fed live this time only it was not very pleasant.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I would get that tote soon, and plan on getting a large one.

3. Josh

Josh Elite Member

Yeah I know and she is growing very quick, but all the stores I've been to around here and all they have are 20 gallon totes and I hate feeding her on the floor cause I know that is how accidents happen cause they are still in feeding mode and quick to grab you

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

For the time being try feeding her in the bathtub. Partially contained and easy to clean out the mess.
    And you really need to work on getting her to eat dead food.
    Retics are too pretty to have a big gash taken out of them by their dinner.

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I got my large tote at the dollar store. I don't remember the size (in gallons) but it fits my large boas just fine. If I remember it only cost a few dollars

6. Josh

Josh Elite Member

As I said the rat was a one time deal meaning no more live food. I know the risks in doing this but i had no frozen at the time and the pet store didnt have any frozen.

7. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

Wow she is beautiful, maybe shell grow to be a 20 foot plus haha, and yeah I know the live feeding was a one time thing and that's good. I once saw a snake that had the tip of its tail bitten of by a live rodent during feeding..what a dumb way to ruin a snakes beauty.

:)

8. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

In future, there is always the option of killing/freezing the rodent yourself. A small delay in feeding will not harm your snake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.