This Disappears When Logged In

Feeding Frenzy

Discussion in 'Alligator Lizards' started by DwarvenChef, May 13, 2015.

1. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

0117140723-5.jpg

Got my batch of feeders today and the clerk put in a big chunk of egg crate in there.... Unfortunately my holding tubs don't deal with EC and I'm not able to tap them out of it to easily. So I got off what I could and put the crate into "Cuteness's" tank.... oh boy is that turning into a feeding frenzy LOL

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

That funny. Sometimes I find it easier to just offer my ackies a section of the egg crate that the roaches are on than to try and grab the roaches with tongs to feed.

3. Dan01

Dan01 Established Member

I get tong feeding if you have a monitor, but not so much on beardies and the likes (I actually thought that Hornworms bit bad because I had only seen videos of people handling them with tongs). I am a fan of grabbing the insects by hand and hand-feeding my lizard (not my snake, though!).

4. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

He/She has been flipping the EC around chasing the crickets from one side to the other... Full tummy on that one :p

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, an adult Bearded dragon has very sharp teeth and quite a powerful bite, I do NOT recommend offering food attached to fingers.... :(;)

6. Dan01

Dan01 Established Member

My dad was a crazy jungle-boy who swam in the same lakes he pulled out caimen and piranha from (although that really isnt as bad as it is made out to be) and I guess he just rubbed off on me.

7. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

been there done that, got the scars :p

8. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I've wrestled calves, dogs. That's about it.

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Teaching any animal to associate your fingers with food is a bad idea!

10. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

I know I wouldn't have wanted to take a full feeding bite from my beardie, hearing him crunch up full grown dubias like they were candy was enough for me. I used to offer food with my hands, but I've been bit enough that I now even use tongs with my snakes, just makes life simpler for me.

DwarvenChef likes this.