This Disappears When Logged In

Feeding During Shed

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by rorycollinsgreen, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi there, I own a Sumatran Blood and I was wondering if it was ok to feed the snake during shed. I haven't fed him in a while and I want to feed him so he's a little happier. If so, can I feed him something big? Thanx

2. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

My corn will eat during her shed but I give her smaller prey items so she doesn't regurgitate it because of the stress of shedding, I don't know about pythons though.

3. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

I've heard that feeding during shedding can help the shed along. I don't think it holds any ground. I've had no problems feeding normal sized pray to any of my snakes during their shed cycle. If the'll eat during their shed they get fed as normal. I've done this with my Balls, Corns, Carpets, and Boas. Without problems at all.

4. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

They don't have to eat before they go into shed. Sometimes my snakes will eat before a shed or while in shed and sometimes they don't. Usually if they don't eat before or during a shed, they will eat afterwards. Most times though they don't bother with wanting to eat during shed. They used to eat all the time during shed when they were younger but now that they're older they usually don't eat until after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.