This Disappears When Logged In

False Water Cobra

Discussion in 'General Venomous' started by crepers86, Jun 15, 2011.

1. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

Ok so I am looking into a False Water Cobra any advise

2. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

I had never heard of them up until this point so I had to look them up. Sounds quite interesting and really don't see any reason not to. According to wiki most bites just result in pain and swelling. So unless you have a reaction it should be relatively mild.

I used to have an interest in hots and slightly still do. These seem to be a good one to transition over with.

3. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

They say they r mild mannered and they r rare fanged thus having to chew to get the venom into you

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Please stop using textspeak abbreviations!

5. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

sorry habit when I type with my phone

6. wakereptiles

wakereptiles Member

I myself just ordered a FWC and should be arriving tomorrow morning. If you havent got one yet ill keep you posted on how they are.

7. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

Yes please do, there is a reptile Expo coming up in November and I am going to look to see what kind of price I can get on one. I am in the middle of building enclosures for what I am getting.

8. wakereptiles

wakereptiles Member

I will try to post some pics of mine as soon as possible. She just arrived yesterday. for a snake that just went through shipping and was late getting in she was very calm. Oh if you are looking for a good price, the best i have found so far is from The Serpentarium in cali. I spent 179.99 shipped to my door.

9. monkeyman2269

monkeyman2269 Well-Known Member

says they eat fish thats pretty neat thow a fish in there once in a while

10. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

They can also eat mice and rats so that is what I recommend. but they are, like I said Rear fanged and do have to chew on you to inject venom. And they do hood up but I heard it is hard to get them to do that. Let me know if you have any luck on that one with pics

11. wakereptiles

wakereptiles Member

I should have my pics posted in a couple days. After having mine for just a few days i can say she is very docile. I will be doing her first feeding tomorrow so i am curious to see if she is as aggressive a feeders as others i have seen.

12. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Be careful! Their bites are not as harmless as some claim.
    I just saw this posting on a UK reptile forum that showed a bite to the ring finger by a juvenile FWC. It looked OK for the first 10 minutes. An hour later the finger was pretty swollen, 24 hours later his hand was swollen up several sizes and he said the swelling went up his forearm and the lymph nodes under the armpit were swollen and painful.

(Here's the link: False Water Cobra bite 30/07/09. - Reptile Forums)

Try not to get bit! ;)

13. wakereptiles

wakereptiles Member

yeah i seen that one about a week ago, it did'nt look very good. I still handle her with a hook, due to the fact that you can have a serious reaction.