This Disappears When Logged In

False Bottoms

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by CodyW, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

This was my last post on rf, it never got answered :rolleyes: ! Anyways I bought two pallets of live moss, somewhat pricey but i got it at an expo so i saved a couple bucks. Anyways i guess that the false bottom is needed b/c its not going to be changed out for at least a couple years once i get this live moss in there.
    So, I have found several sites about false bottoms and have a general idea on how to build one, i was just wondering what other peoples experience with them was, are they good/easy/bad?
    1--DO i need a pump to circulate the water and a filter? I understand the water has to move as not to become stagnant, but wont it become dirty cicling through all the moss and aliflor pellets?
    2--Since i dont have room for a waterfall, but i might add one anyways, could i use an aquatic air pump, just run a hose with air flow and some diffusors and put those under the false bottom?
    3--And how accesible does the pump or filter or both have to be, its going to be under alot of moss so i can just reach in and change anything so should i mount it in the front so i can acces it?
    Thanks in advance!
    -cf

2. vivguy

vivguy New Member

false bottom solutions

i build many vivariums for some clients and friends, what were your quesitons and do you still need help? do a google search for naturalistic vivariums and look for terra5designs, i'll where i can and hope to hear from you soon. http://www.terra5designs.com

3. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

vivguy thanks for the site, man those are some awesome looking vivs, Great Work!
    My only question really was about a pump, does the water HAVE to be moving, and would a simple aquarium air pump work with some diffusor stones. The air pump is the very very very last choice. I plan on purchasing a small water pump and having some sort of falling water, not necissarily a water fall though. I only have 1'X1' to work with. Im sure ill have some questions come up though, im gonna to start this thursday so ill let you know what comes up!
    thank you
    -cf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.