This Disappears When Logged In

Eye Problems

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by Josh, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh

Josh Elite Member

Trina has recently shed and her eye cap on the one side is dented it looks like a tiny mountain range on her eye cap i have been spraying her a little more and giving her baths but she is getting ready to shed again so should i let it go until the next shed

2. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I would keep spraying and keep up the humidity and wait until she sheds. If you have never removed eyecaps before I would not recommend you do it, it can cause more damage if not done right. I am not sure how big she is but you can also put her in a moist ( wet) pillow case and put her back in her cage at night, and leave her that way. Make sure the cage is very warm of course, she will wiggle and move trying to get out of the pillow case, which can sometimes help get the shed and the eyecap off.

3. Josh

Josh Elite Member

I have removed eyecaps before, but she shed the eyecap and it did this after she shed. I have no idea what it is. It is not to bad. She can still see through it and every thing, but I will try the pillow case idea. Thanks for the tip

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

did both eye caps come off with her last shed? pythons often get a dented eye if they are a little dry. It may or may not be a retained eye cap.

5. Josh

Josh Elite Member

they both came off for sure i make sure i check that every time she sheds but i know they are soft for a little while after they shed. so i dont know if she rubbed something the wrong way or not and dammaged her eye cap or if that is even possible

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

dents are common. Just hydrate her, and it might straighten out soon after. Otherwise, keep her very moist next time she goes opaque. It isn't a serious problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.